Thursday, 20 October 2011

Night shift talk

So it's the old Thursday night Friday morning shift again, and I am at the old laptop.  What a surprise hey!

I'm busy playing all of the Facebook related games that obviously take me so long to do everything on that I don't actually get the time to catch up with people on there, and am still so very much in the dark as to what anyone is doing!  All those "friends" farms to sort out, the games of Scrabble I have on the go, the mafioso's that need knee-capping, the Bejewelled Blitz scores that I have absolutely no chance whatsoever of catching up to, and that sort of thing (I don't do Yoville much now because, to be honest, I'm sort of trying to figure out what you can do on there now).

I'm also obviously doing the old Twitter thing, as well as this here Blog.  I'm thinking about writing something for the other blog, but probably won't because I find myself now trying to be a bit more fluid with what I am writing on there.  That plus I am seriously thinking of adding a video to that blog for the next part.  I'm still thinking about that, and it would mean Louise videoing me so that it's a good picture that everyone can see what is happening.  Well, as much as you can if it's showing that it is me as well.  I'll think about that one.  I did find some video footage on youtube already that teaches the solo.  If truth be told, I got fed up with those videos and just worked it out myself.  That is the honest truth.

While Louise was out on Tuesday (after my two and a half hour's sleep), I was meaning to carry on working on Maybe I'm Amazed and Kreen-Akrore, but for some reason I found myself doing a recording of So Bad from the Pipes Of Peace album instead!  Why on earth I did that I don't know because it's a falsetto for one, and number 2 is that it's an album from 1983, which means that my blog won't reach there for a while yet if I carry on chronologically.  It would be a while if I was just sticking to one artist at a time, but if I decide to go the alternative route of doing them all chronologically, then there are probably nearly twenty albums before that comes up.  Perhaps I should keep trying the song, because that way my voice may eventually get there without resulting to dropping the tuning of the guitar by a semitone :(

I'm here sat watching the cameras at work whilst doing all of this because the laptop is right next to the monitor, hence being able to do it all at the same time.  It also helps that I have qualifications in typing, so I don't always have to look at where my fingers are to be able to type things up.  I am a little out of practice though with all of that, so a spell check comes in handy with that side of things.

Actually, I think I'll have a listen to Kreen-Akrore again from Macca's first album while doing some of this, so I can get a gist of where I'm going with the piece because I'm not sure if what I have recorded already isn't right for it.  I know that I am doing my own versions of the songs and everything, but I still have to remain sort of close to the original.

I'm fed up of the laptop having a little mouse thing near to the space bar because I keep nudging it and the bloody cursor moves and carries on typing somewhere I don't want it to.  Pain in the backside!

Hmm, I think I may have gone a bit too far with the percussive rhythm track, and I have only started on the intro.  Some revision may be required.  Let's see.

On Wednesday me and Louise did a spot of visiting, which was nice of course, but we were silly by not eating anything while we were out, so hadn't eaten from lunch at about 2 in the afternoon until we got back in, when eventually something was cooked for around ten.  Still, was nice to go out and see people because we never really have the time (or the fuel) to go anywhere.

Anyway, I think I may leave that as it is because I will probably blog again over the weekend, and I would hate for people to get bored, if they haven't already.

Take care of yourselves, and thank you for reading.

21 October 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 25 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment