Sunday, 24 February 2013

Catch up on the FAWM

Hi

Flipping heck, has it really been that long?  Well, I have been busy...

Monday 18th February
Between 5.10 and 5.25 in the morning I finished writing the lyrics to 'Adieu Atlantis'.  There were two laptop recording sessions, one from 12.30 to 2.30 in the afternoon, and then another eight until nine while I was at work.  'Leap With A Solution' was finished then.  At eleven minutes past eleven I looked at Titular again, and then finally from 11.25pm until twenty five past midnight I wrote a set of lyrics called 'Love' with the suggestions given to me by LyriCloud.  I know, a pretty quiet day for me really there considering what the rest of Fawmbruary has been like.

Tuesday 19th February
At twenty eight minutes past midnight until nearly a quarter to one I tried another set of lyrics using LyriCloud, but that was going nowhere.  Then at 2.43 in the morning I looked at the forums for ideas and took note of some challenges.  From one in the afternoon until half past I did some recording bits on the laptop again, followed by working out the music to my a capella singing for @kahlo2013's song Paradise Found, which I worked out was in C major, although it flattened out towards the end.  More on that maybe later in the next post.

At 6.47 in the evening I looked at the great Titular again, followed by a LyriCloud from 6.53 until five past nine, which brought about the strange Puff The Dragon Now Oh So Tough......  Hmm, different.  I'll get some music to that soon.  Between 8.30 and 10.30 I did some more laptop stuff plus recorded the vocal and kazoo for 'Blot On The Landscape'.

Wednesday 20th February
At 3.59 in the morning I once again looked at Titular, followed by starting to tentatively work on something with the working title of About A Carousel, which was one of the titular suggestions.  Hillbilly Pimp was also a suggestion, which I worked on from 5.35 in the morning until 5.45, and then again from 6.25 in the morning until 6.29.  Then I went to bed after the night shift by the way.

From ten past four in the afternoon until twenty to ten to five I wrote and recorded music for 'I'm Just A Working Class Man' and 'The Nightman's Day', looked at 'Take A Breath' but didn't finish putting the music together for it, so not recorded at that time.

From 7.40 in the evening to 27 minutes past 8 I added the vocals and a make do percussive shaker (my coffee tub I take to work) to the already recorded ukulele on 'Adieu Atlantis', which made that a finished demo. Yay.  At ten in the evening a skirmish suddenly showed on FAWM, which is where a title is given for people to write a song to within an hour and have it recorded and uploaded for people to listen to.  As I had no instrument with me, I wrote 'One More Thing' and uploaded it a capella - another one of those.

I think I will leave it there for now, as I have staff turning up here and shouldn't really be on the old laptop I don't think.  Until next time, take care.

February 25 2013 (42 years, 2 months, and 30 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment