Phew, I'm getting there with catching up on blogging about FAWM aren't I...
So, on we go then.
Tuesday 26th February
At twelve minutes to one in the morning I suddenly thought about pieces I'd got that were just one verse or snippets of ideas lyrically. The first one I looked at was one with the Titular suggested title of Just Around The Translation. I had a chorus but nothing else up to that point. By two minutes past one I had added three verses and a pre-chorus idea. Brilliant. It's okay to be that quick, even if you're not absolutely 100% certain - you can go back to them because you have a rough outline for the whole song.
Then between 1.03 and 1.12 I took what I had of another Titular suggestion - Don't Teach Me To Worry (I may change that in time to Don't Teach Me How To Worry). Again I only had a four line chorus idea. I finished with two more verses and a pre-chorus. Good work again I think.
Between 10.18 and 10.26 in the morning I turned the one verse and chorus I'd already had about a children's party gone wrong into a complete song with a second verse and then an outro section. Followed at 10.29 by looking at a chorus I had for a piece based on a lyricloud view (where it gives you potential words to inspire you lyrically). I took this, added two verses, a little middle eight thing, and Dance was born.
At ten past eleven I looked on Titular again. From ten past one to twenty to two I wrote and recorded Coloured Marbles. My idea there was basically because of my love of background "chilling" music such as Boards of Canada, and the like. I wanted to recreate that using my acoustic guitar (whose jack socket has unfortunately loosened and I can't get it back into place). Listening back to what I had I could hear some interference coming through on the original guitar track, but kept it in because it sort of adds to it (perhaps a slight irritating at times, but you get used to it in a way).
Between 3.20 AND 5 in the afternoon, I wrote and recorded music for Don't Teach Me To Worry and something else that I will be doing words for I hope, because it rocks! For the first of these, I thought of trying to do a Latino feel musically with a samba, so I had to play some piano (I just about get away with it I think).
After that I suddenly found myself starting on the second FAWM notebook. I know, a bit late in the day, but I plan on carrying on taking notes in there of what happens to what I have come up with during FAWM, even including the snippets of ideas that I hadn't done anything with, just yet.
From seven until eight I worked on a mix for Don't Teach Me To Worry (without vocals), followed by doing file transfers from the 12-track to the laptop from 8.15 to 8.45 and 9.20 until 10.40 - a long and laborious process considering there is no other way to do it, yawn.
From five past eleven until 11.45 me and Louise listened to some other Fawmer's music and left comments.
Wednesday 27th February
I did a Titular at some point in the morning I would guess (I strangely enough didn't put a time). From 2.30 in the afternoon until half past four I recorded You Could Love. I put down three acoustic guitars (the first with vocal) and an acoustic bass part. Then I remembered that Louise (my sweetheart) had said that she always fancied playing the tambourine and "I have a good sense of rhythm", so I thought I would ask her to play tambourine on there. She was excited while she waited, but then when I said I had got it ready for her she was very wary. Unknown to her I had already recorded tambourine myself just in case she had changed her mind. After a good, erm, twenty minutes, she eventually tried it and got it on the fourth or fifth time through I think. I thought, well if Phil Spector can have more than one tambourine in a song, then what's wrong with that, so I kept both - one more over to the left and one more over to the right.
From 7.30 in the evening until nine I played around with a copy of Reason 5.0 that I had received through the post that morning from my uncle (thank you).
I'm leaving that there because, to be honest, there are only 28 days in February and I think the next post will possibly be a long one!
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
March 1 2013 (42 years, 3 months, and 3 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment