Sunday, 3 February 2013

February, oops, FAWMbruary the third

Hello, I'm back already...  Some of you are going to get sick of this aren't you?  I know.  I'm just being irritating and logging all that I can.

February the third work on FAWM started then at 3.12 in the morning looking at the Lyricloud again, and boy was it ever inspiring.  I wrote the first two verses based on some of the words offered on there towards a sing that I have tentatively called A Night At The Circus.  I'll put the lyrics up in a short while actually with brackets to donate what words were suggested.  Remember though that the words didn't show on the screen exactly like that, but most of the time in different areas of the screen.  For some reason my eyes and mind were drawn to this story.  Perhaps it's the Bob Dylan fan in me?  ;-)

At 3.26 in the morning I looked on Titular (a ritual now seemingly), from which I gleaned another five potential titles.  At 9.48 in the morning I came up with four lines for something that I felt seemed okay as they were.  Some may say that it needs to be more, but sometimes I like the odd very short (under a minute) piece.

At 12.16 (while waiting for the visitors mentioned in the previous blog to show) I went onto LyriCloud again and it helped me to write three more verses for A Night At The Circus.  Now while at work I looked at something on the FAWM site called Struxxure, which gives different song structure ideas.  I'm not certain if I'll take notice of that, but it is interesting.  Who knows.

At one minute past seven in the evening, I looked on LyriCloud again and it helped to write the sixth and final verse of A Night At The Circus (I'm not sure if the title needs changing personally).  Finally I looked at 23.49 hrs at Titular again and got five more titles to try and spur my creative inspirations.  I'm not sure that is a correct phrase to use, but what the hey!

That was a bit quick wasn't it?   Well, we did have visitors today and I am at work!

Thank you for reading, please take care.

February 4th 2013 (42 years, 2 months, and 9 days old).

A Night At The Circus
A [bad break built] a [million words] after a show
[Due] to [Harold] and [Jessie]'s [knives missing] their [marks]
[Midnight Morgan] he was at the [circus] that [night]
[Playing] a [straight] poker game against Johnny [Heart]

A [hundred knife] points at [Roosevelt Square]
Where the [thuggish youth operators delivered ethereal flows]
And the [life long lovers questioned] a [travelling voice]
Yet [dark eyes faster fear] the [ill-fated] shows

Two [brothers George] and Arthur [howled] as the furore did unfold
They'd need a [saviour] to [send something] to [temper] the [storm]
But a [temptation troubled] the brothers as a [billion bullets roared]
They tried to return things back to the norm

Questions were asked when the police officers did show
About the [variety] of events so they could [understand]
The [whispers] from the ground and [shots fired] in the night
And from what was [told] they knew that none of it was [planned]

Some [girls] told [Hoffman] and [Leadbelly], the cops on the scene
That is [started] by [accident] the knife throwers knives were blunt
They fell from the board into the gun hoards where blanks were installed
Into the guns so no could be hurt by any of the stunts

The circus now [vacated] the [valley activity] now [cooled]
The [developments] from earlier [addressed] so [perfectly]
The [judgement] of the officers [guaranteed] it to be
That the circus could open again tomorrow with it's full [integrity].

Written by Martin Quibell (2013)

PS - I have used the "random words" technique before now by the way, which is why I sort of know a way of using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment