As I often do, I don't write any blog posts while I am on my days off, hence why there have been no epistles from me over the last few days. There is also the fact that I have been very busy with the Fawm business.
Not only have I already written the 14 songs that are supposed to be aimed for, but I have now done even more than that! During February the 6th, I reached the fourteenth song written this month. I am very pleased about that.
So, to carry on from the last post, I will try very quickly to get through what happened since the last post.
February 4th
At 1.54 in the morning on Monday the 4th of February I wrote a short piece entitled 'My Old And Dear Friend', which I recorded a capella (vocal without accompaniment) and placed onto the FAWM page. Then between 2.21 in the morning and 2.34 I wrote the first verse and chorus for a song called 'Bayonets' (which was a title suggested by the Titular tool on the FAWM website). Then between 3.44 and 3.54 in the morning I wrote the second verse and second chorus for 'Bayonets'. I finished the lyrics for Bayonets in a little writing session between 5.25 and 5.30 in the morning.
At 5.38 in the evening I looked at a FAWM tool called Struxxure, which suggests structure ideas for songs - VERSE/CHORUS/VERSE/CHORUS/BRIDGE/CHORUS. It seems like something that I would possibly use sometime. At 5.43 I used something called Plot Spline, which suggests plot ideas for songwriting. Then at 5.48 I used the Titular thing again. It did suggest the title 'Tear' to me, which I am thinking of using but in the way of it being a homonym, which is where two or more words are spelt the same, but are completely different words that are also spoken differently. What I mean by this is "tearing things up" and "I was crying so many tears". I think it is an interesting thing, but may not be interesting to everybody.
At 5.56 I tried a Lyricloud thing that suggested lyrics, but didn't get far. At 11.40 I tried to write something for the title 'No Seventh', but I couldn't get anywhere. At 11.50 I came up with a chord progression. Finally, the last thing I did on the fourth was write the song 'You Fill Me With Such Joy' between 11.57 at night and twelve minutes past midnight.
February 5th
At 2.20 in the morning while Louise was reading (we had a late night), I looked at another plot spline, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere with those things. I'll have a look at them again and see where I can go.
At 1.44 in the afternoon I finally finished the words for the song 'An English Breakfast'. Between 1.52 and 2.22 I wrote the lyrics for the song 'Friend', followed by writing the short song 'You Need To Write A Song' between 2.29 and 2.34. At eleven minutes past seven I looked at something suggested by FAWM's twitter account, which was a random article on Wikipedia. I actually looked at two of them instead. I'll see where that takes me, but it could be really interesting. At 8.53 in the evening I looked at Titular again.At ten past ten at night I wrote the song 'Cathy Says' based on a post in a forum on the FAWM website talking about the great Sing Me A Story Foundation, and picked a story written by a ten year old girl from Kampala in Uganda named Cathy.
At 11.46 I looked at Struxxure (CHORUS/VERSE/VERSE/CHORUS/OUTRO - that's a bit different). At 11.55 I looked on Plot Spline again, and finally at 11.47 I tried another lyricloud, but I couldn't get past four lines.
February 6th
Between 1 and 1.32 in the morning (in bed again while Louise was reading), I wrote the words for the song 'Mansfield Town'. Between 10.50 in the morning and fifteen minutes after midday I wrote music for the songs 'An English Tea', 'A Night At The Circus', 'Bayonets', 'Cathy Says', and 'Mansfield Town'. I also recorded all of them except for 'Bayonets' using the laptop's microphone. At five in the evening I wrote a little bit for something based on the Lyricloud thing again (two verses and a chorus), followed at 7.29 in the evening by another Struxxure (verse/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus). Finally I looked at Titular at 9.40 in the evening.
I forgot to mention that me and Louise were looking together in the evening to find things for the backing track to 'Bayonets', such as marching drums, church bells, and cannon fire.
February 7th
Between 1.53 and 2.04 in the morning I started trying to write a hard rocking lyric called 'Don't You', which I've just got a chorus and a verse for so far. Then at 2.23 I started looking at a title from an earlier Titular suggestion entitled 'Prisoner', which I did very little of (I just dropped off to be honest as I was at home).
Between 11.56 in the morning and 12.29 I wrote the song 'No Money Blues'. Between 12.30 and 12.39 I came up with an idea for a song musically. Between 1.30 and 4.40 in the afternoon I recorded some songs that I'd written. I used the 12-track to record the song 'Friend' and then did a very rough mix over to the computer using the audio interface. Other songs I did were 'No Money Blues' and 'You Need To Write A Song'. I did put guitar down on Bayonets, but that was using the laptop's microphone rather than the new set-up.
From 7.45 to 7.49 I wrote 'Happy Birthday Matt' in celebration of my friend Matt Blick's birthday on the 8th of February. Then between 7.51 and 8 o'clock I wrote the lyrics to 'I'm Just A Working Class Man'. From five past eight until 8.13 I wrote the lyrics to 'The Nightman's Day' spurred on by ten words from the lyricloud.
Surprisingly that is the last of the stuff that I did for FAWM on the seventh of February. Well, I am at work after all.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
February 8th 2013 (42 years old, 2 months, and 13 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment