Thursday, 14 February 2013

Fawming on and on again

Another day, another update on the songwriting front...

Where did we get to?  I do know that the last post was incredibly long!  I will try to make this one less so...

Tuesday February 12th 2013
At 1.56 in the morning I looked at the Titular thing on the FAWM website again.  Then at 1.58 in the morning I looked into a Struxxure.  Then at 1.59 in the morning I looked at Lyricloud, from which a little something was written (with a little help from my sweetheart as well).

At 10.30 in the morning I wrote the song 'Something Is Needed', which is a political thing.  Between 10.50 and midday I wrote and recorded the music to @wyatt's lyrics 'In Heaven's Bright City', which I gave a joyful folk feel to.  Well, I tried to.  I would have liked to have been able to do a better recording job, but time constraints cause me some problems with this FAWM business.  Being a flat, we haven't got much room.  Because of this I had to record quickly as it meant me taking over the lounge to record in and Louise waiting in the bedroom waiting for me to do things.

Later that day I thought about zebras, so I researched online and wrote the children's song 'Zulu The Zebra', which is supposed to fun, simple, and educational.  From the beginning of research to finishing the recording, it took from 4.21 in the afternoon to 5.40pm.  From 6.50 to 7 I came up with a music idea.  From 7.30 to 7.50 I wrote another idea for a potential instrumental piece that I am tentatively calling 'Dawn Breaks'.  At 8 I started looking at a piece I ended up calling 'Sevens & Sixes'.  Between 11.30 and ten to midnight I recorded 'Something Is Needed' and started working on the recording 'Sevens & Sixes' by arranging the click track (in three time signatures).

Wednesday February 13th 2013
At 2.20 in the morning I looked at Titular again.  At 2.45 in the morning I looked at a challenge idea, which I need to do something about!  Finally at 3 in the morning I put down three lines of a lyric idea.

Between 2 and 4.30 in the afternoon I finished writing and recording 'Sevens & Sixes'.  From half eleven at night and ten to one in the morning I wrote and recorded 'On The Run', which is a big mistake in my mind.  I had a guitar riff idea in my head, but I was at work and only had a tin whistle with me.  I therefore put the riff, etc down using the tin whistle.  Then I put on a vocal for a "rough lyric idea".  In a way, I wish I had left this recorded on my laptop but not placed onto FAWM.  I should have looked at it again at a later date.  I do think that the incredible quantity of material on my FAWM page is something that might be putting people off checking my stuff out.

I wasn't going to write any further, but there isn't much to put down for things done on Valentine's Day, so;

Thursday February 14th 2013
From 1.45 in the morning until 2.45 in the morning I looked at @Kahlo's lyrics Paradise Found and without an instrument decided to put down the vocal melody and four harmonies, from which I hope to work out the music later on piano or guitar, and then record with instrumentation.  At 4.15 in the morning I looked on Titular.

At 12.45pm, I came up with an idea that I should look into writing a song about.  From 1.30 in the afternoon until 3.45 I recorded some stuff on my 12-track digital recorder, but hadn't the chance to transfer what I had to the laptop.  No words for the three songs (I think) worth of music that I had put down.

That is it for the 14th of February.  I know, not much for me hey.  I think I have possibly spent more time on FAWM than I should have, and it is causing some, erm, problems.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

February 15th 2013 (42 years, 2 months, and 20 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment