Wednesday, 27 February 2013

More FAWM catch-up

Best get a move on with the month's activities then;

Thursday 21st February
Between half past midnight and 2.15 in the morning I looked at some lyrics I'd started a while before and changed them.  At 3.30 I looked at the Titular tool again on the FAWM site (for those who haven't been following, it gives song title suggestions to inspire you).  From 3.40 in the morning until 4.06 I wrote some lyrics based on a random wikipedia search, which brought up the word Pellicle, which apparently has a fair few meanings.  Who would have thought that hey?  Certainly not me because I had never heard of the word until that moment.

From 2.30 in the afternoon until five past five, I finished writing and recording the music for some songs.  Take A Breath was a set of lyrics from a while ago, but now I added music (rather rocking, but I only had the acoustic to hand which sort of meant losing that bit of potential edge, and I think I need to look at the choruses again because I originally envisioned it sounding different rhythm wise.  Oh well, they're demos aren't they.  I also recorded Leap With A Solution and a new interpretation of Paradise Found.  The latter I decided that I would change from the key of C major (which the earlier a capella apparently was) to E major.

From 6.15 until 6.40 I played around with my guitar tuned to CGCGCE.  At 7.26 me and Louise discussed (for songwriting purposes) the fact that there are words which are similar to each other (beau and bow, but then there is bow as in bow tie and bow as in lowering yourself to honour somebody - that sort of thing).  From 7.10 until 7.25 I played guitar a bit more.  From 8.30 to 8.45 I put some tambura and de-tuned guitar down for an instrumental piece entitled Calcutta Cowboy.

Friday 22nd February
At thirty three minutes past midnight I looked at Titular again, followed by just after twenty to one looking at a Plot Spline (it gives you a suggestion for a songs story line .  At twenty past one I wrote some ideas for things to look at doing.

Between midday and two in the afternoon I finished recording guitars for Calcutta Cowboy.  The idea of that piece was me thinking what would it sound like if I mixed Indian music with Country & Western, Blues, Folk, and whatever I ended up playing.

From 8.35 to 9.20 I wrote lyrics for a self-deprecating song entitled I'm Gonna Sing A Happy Song.  From 11.30 to 11.48 I worked on a song based on a skirmish, with the title No Wonder.  I obviously came to it half an hour into the one hour limit.  I wrote a set of lyrics with music still being required.

Saturday 23rd February
At one in the morning I looked at the weekly challenge, which was to write either a happy song in a minor key or a sad song in a major key (something I still haven't done).  At 2.10 in the morning I wrote a list of things I was left needing to do - ideas started but not finished, that sort of thing.  Between 2.20 and 3.30 in the morning I finished recording the demo of Bayonets.  Not a great demo, but it will do I suppose.

At 12.30 I looked on Titular again.At 12.38 I tried to get something on Lyricloud (it suggests words to make lyrics from), but didn't get further than a couple of lines.  From 2.15 to 4.15 I recorded music for The Living Dead and some music I had written but had no words for.  I wrote a quick four lines of something that came to mind at twenty past five, followed at 27 minutes past by Titular once again.

I was at work that night and, once the other chap had left, I looked at FAWM on my phone and suddenly remembered that there was a skirmish on from six until seven in the evening (GMT), I booted up my laptop and brought up the words for @kahlo2013's 30 Days.  This was at 6.56pm, and I was downloading my performance of it with music I wrote at 3 minutes past seven.  Technically between us me and @kahlo2013 had written words and music separately to the same song in an hour from two different parts of the world.

From 8.05 until 8.55 I wrote the words and music to and recorded another skirmish song entitled Full House.  Sometime after 10 I recorded the lead and harmony vocals for The Living Dead.  At 11.43 I once again looked at Titular.

I'll leave it there, but expect another blog in about eleven hours time to take us from, erm, I'm guessing  Sunday the 24th to either Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

27 February 2013 (42 years, three months, and one day old)

No comments:

Post a Comment