Friday, 2 September 2011

Saturday catch up

Good morning world.  Here I am, very early on a Saturday morning on another day shift, and just missing the actual sunrise because of the factory I am at getting in the way of seeing the sun.  A shame really, because it can sometimes be a beautiful thing to behold.

Now I know that I haven't been blogging much lately but, to be honest, I have just been too tired when I get home to actually want to even put the laptop on.  There's also the fact that there is very little to blog about.  I think the last thing I wrote about that wasn't about a song was probably when I was at the brewery site almost a fortnight ago now, which is a while ago I know.  I actually wrote that blog last Saturday, but it was about events from then.

After that I got two days off, then worked at the brewery again on the Thursday, then the gatehouse of a factory from Friday to Monday, and then got three days off.  Yes, I know, three days off hey!  Like I said before, they seem to be very accommodating to the hours that I would prefer.  It may be an enormous drop in hourly rate, but the time off is worth it.

After work last Sunday, we went to Louise's mum and dad's for dinner.  I was so exhausted that I really needed Louise to chat to me on the way home, because I could quite easily have dropped off while driving back from there.  On Wednesday we went to my dad's in Belper, and that was a really lovely change.  A bit of a drive from Newark, but well worth it.  Tuesday I actually recorded the music for the Paul McCartney song Oo You from his first album for the other blog series I am doing on the music of the ex-Beatles.  I'm still wondering about retitling the series something like After The Split or something like that.

Yesterday I was working at the brewery again, although that site has now been bought by factory where I am today, but the brewery people still use the site on lease.  I recorded the vocals for Oo You while I was there.  It's a nice site for being able to do that.  Not that I wasn't doing my job by the way.  I did discover a few lorries left unlocked on the yard (although they call them drays), found the keys, and locked them up.  I still do my job of course.

Anyway, in the time that it has taken for me to write this relatively short blog, the song has risen.  It is quite lovely to look at the sky at the moment, and the business park in the foreground is actually quite nice.  I wish that I had brought my camera with me.  For some reason I can't get the phone's bluetooth to work again.  Bloody technology.  Oh well.  Have a lovely day and weekend everyone.  I'll carry on with my cup of coffee, and watch the people come ad go.

Always looking for something to make me smile, in every moment.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

3 September 2011 (40 years, 9 months, and 8 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment