Thursday, 29 September 2011

A thursday posting

Shock horror - a post today!!!  I know!!!  It's been a while since I've been able to find the time in the week to be able to put together a blog, but I thought that it could be interesting to see how it goes.

How is everyone?  I feel like a hermit out here in the sticks, learning songs, writing a little, but stuck with the creative streak that I can do very little with.  Guitar has been out a good few times recently, although most times it's been to do with the other blog series that I am working on.  More on all of that later, if I remember to talk bout it as I am making this up as I go along.

Saturday then I worked at that site where there is no electricity, but where I can go to the next door site to get a drink, warm, and all of that stuff.  The bloody vehicle they had me sit in though broke down while I was there.  I went to look around the site, and when I came back I unlocked the vehicle, put the key in the ignition to start it so that I could use the radio, light and heater, and it just wouldn't do anything.  Then, idiot that I can sometimes be, I thought that I could possibly push start it - a land rover!!!

Of course this was in vain, as it was I'm guessing much like "pushing an elephant up the stairs" (wonder who works out that pop culture reference).  When it did move, I could quite obviously see a pool of oil big enough to potentially sink the Bismarck!   Another problem with my predicament now though, was that I had a land rover in the middle of the road which had to be moved before vehicles showed up to go to the other factories on the same industrial estate.

After much sweat and toil, I got the vehicle back outside the gates of the site I was on, and then went to the neighbouring site for a well earned cup of tea.  While there, I called the office to report the vehicle problem.  After not too much of a wait, someone showed up and we towed it back to the office, whereupon I got into my own car and returned to do the last hour or so.  I actually parked my car at the neighbouring site, while I walked over to the site I was on and had a look around.  When I returned for another cuppa, the guard on that site said, "I'll swap with you for your next shift because you can't sit in that little thing all night."  Winner, I accepted the shift swap over.  Funny really, because he looked nothing like Noel Edmonds, Keith Chegwin, John Craven, or Maggie Philbin.  Good swap though.

So, I was on that site on Sunday, and then from the Monday I had no idea what I was doing.  I was given a rota on the previous thursday to that but told, "don't take any notice because that will be completely different to what you will end up doing."  Great, just what I need, a week where I can do absolutely nothing because I never knew when I would be working.  As it turned out, I was contacted on Wednesday with my shift pattern.

So at this moment then I am on a new site in a place where I have never even heard of before, let alone know my way back.  I followed someone to get here, and then was very quickly shown around, and that is it really.  I am a little worried about the journey home in the morning, but at least tomorrow I'll be on a site that I am used to, before Saturday night when I am somewhere that I have once again never been to, but it is said to be a regular site for me.  We will see won't we!

During the time off, I have been trying to help Louise with housework.  Basically that's code for probably getting in the way really.  I would have liked to have gone out but, quite honestly, I was never sure when I would have been contacted to go into work!

On Tuesday I started work on the Paul McCartney song Maybe I'm Amazed from his début album for my other blog series on the albums of the post-Beatles album careers of the members therein.  That is becoming a bit of a weight at the moment to carry, but in another way it's very interesting because it's almost like I'm going back to my roots in a way.  The first music I remember is that which my mum and dad listened to, and they were both fans of The Beatles, and of their careers afterwards.  There was other music that influenced me throughout the years though, but that is where my memory of music starts from.

Anyway, that means that I am now almost finished on the songs Momma Miss America, Teddy Boy, Singalong Junk (basically I need to add some more instruments to Junk itself, and take the vocals out), and Maybe I'm Amazed.  All that would be left after they are finished would be the last song on the album, Kreen Akrore, which I have no idea what I am going to do with.

Today I have been helping more with the tidying up.  I still wish that we could make more room to get around, because the living room at least would be nice to have some space in, and the kitchen as well I might add.  I never realised how much stuff we both had I suppose.  That's another lesson to learn next time - get a bigger place!

Anyway, about these here blogs then.  When I got to work this evening I thought it would be a good idea to do some editing on how they are viewed because, I quite like how a few other blogs I read are set out, with a blog per page, rather than so many per page.  This way it's easier I suppose.  I just need to work out how to organise it so there are separate pages for my other blog where I can have different entries that have more information, a contents page, and the like.  I'm still learning, but am most definitely used to blogging now for sure.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is okay.  Please take care, and I hope to catch up again soon.

September 29 2011 (40 years, 10 months, and 3 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment