![]() |
| Newark market place (not taken by me) |
| The Troggs |
I don’t expect to read that quickly because, although the
Ozzy Osbourne book was finished relatively quickly, I am not Mr Data from Star
Trek: The Next Generation!!! Much as I
would like to be able to read that quickly.
They always have to have someone like that I those things don’t they –
Mr Spock (Vulcan) in The Original Series, Seven Of Nine (Borg) (ding dong) from
Voyager, Doctor Bashir (Genetically engineered) from Deep Space Nine, and of
course T’Pol from Enterprise (well hello) . Sorry, the geek came out in me there. It’s been a long time since I’ve caught any
Star Trek L
As you can probably tell I am making this up as I go
along. There may be a point to this blog
or they may not. I have absolutely no
idea what I am talking about. No change
there then hey J
I am relatively happy with how the other blog series is
going, but I must repeat that it isn’t something that will be updating very
often. I have enjoyed it so far, but it
reminds me of the fact that I wish that my recording equipment at home was
better than it is. I do have a great bit
of POD equipment that acts as an interface, but it doesn’t work with Vista , and I can’t afford to download all the programs
that I have on my hard drive. Not having
internet at home means that I have Mobile Broadband, which needs topping up,
and that costs money. To get internet at
home would cost money as well and, to be completely honest with you, I’d rather
put that money aside to move somewhere and then once there sort out the
internet and that sort of thing.
Until then though, I will have to do my home recordings in
the way that I have or, alternatively, record onto four-track, and then use studio
time to make them into digital wav files.
When I found that the interface for the POD was incompatible with Vista , I thought that I could just connect the 4-track to
the laptop from the stereo out connections on there and into the microphone
socket on the laptop, and then record that.
This however isn’t working either, because that adds the sort of hiss
that drives me up the wall. Grr!!!
Sorry, wasn’t intending to moan about anything.
Anyway, in some ways the very basic recording method that I
have been using has sort of given the recordings a very different sound, which
I suppose I don’t really mind so much.
It’s sort of thanks to Cory about that as well, because he suggested
that if I couldn’t do anything else, then just use the laptop’s own inbuilt
microphone. It’s a shame though
considering that I have a very nice Shure microphone, as well as the POD gear,
my bass effects, and even the keyboards.
I do however have a plan for something else. If and when I get to working with a band
again, I like the idea of recording rehearsals onto the 4-track, and then if
anything happens during rehearsals, then I can use the recording to work on,
using the other two or three tracks available.
This may sound ridiculous, but then again maybe not. It’s been a while since I last played with a
band.
Any way, today you catch me with many thoughts in my head,
and in need of sifting through them. No
different to the usual me, but today I am more hmm, uncertain as to what to
write here.
I will leave you all to your day, wherever in the world you
may be, and whatever time of that aforementioned day that it is. Isn’t that strange? Somewhere else on this planet it could be an
entirely day. That is weird.
Anyway, thank you for reading. I hope that there was at least a modicum of
sense in there somewhere. Please take
care.
5 September 2011 (40 years, 9 months, and 10 days old)
P.S. A very happy birthday to the great Freddie Mercury. He would have been 65 today if he were still
alive. Now there’s another subject for a
blog – could you actually imagine him as a 65 year old, or John Lennon as a 71
year old? Now there’s a blog all of it’s
own I think.



No comments:
Post a Comment