Saturday, 25 June 2011

All around the houses

So, what have I done over the last week then?  I've worked in a few different places (and counties), and thought about this that and the other (t'other).  Much like everyone else really I suppose.

I've been thinking about this occasional blog I'm going to do about music, and think that I can't really do a Matt and pull apart entire collections, although I do think it could be interesting considering that he is doing The Beatles, and I would be doing the Solo Beatles technically, but that is one hell of a project considering they have been apart now for 40 years (more really, but officially 40 years).  Macca and Ringo are still releasing albums as well, and Yoko Ono is still finding material to issue from John even after all of this time.  I'm sure that there must be some George Harrison stuff that could be issued now as well, because I bet there was a lot of material he did during the time between Cloud Nine and the posthumous Brainwashed album (which I did like).  I'm also probably quite strange in the fact that I actually liked Electric Arguments, by McCartney's alter ego The Fireman, particularly tracks like Sing The Changes, Sun Is Shining, and the music on Lifelong Passion is incredibly trippy and laid back.  I know, I used the phrase trippy, which is probably an old fashioned saying now, but I don't give a shit if it is or not.  I say what I say, no matter what.

I used to be different, and was worried about what people would say about things I said or thought, especially about my taste in music, films, etc, but now I just accept that every single one of us is different, and it's a good job that we are.  I think that the differences between everyone is what makes everything so very interesting.

Speaking of differences, I think that it can be easy in this day and age to look at the different cultures there are in our different countries now and be irritated with them.  It is unfair though to tar everyone with the same brush, because underneath the bad seeds that have come over to our countries, there are people that have come over who are wonderful, lovely people, and I think that it is good to bring these cultures into ours.  I have seen a couple of times in the churchyard near to where I live, where there are people who go there and sit together playing their different musical instruments, which are from different countries, and yet they blend together really well.  One of these days I would love to join in with them.  It is proof that all of these different cultures can work together, and I really do believe that.

Woohoo, I got a blog written eventually, and it went all over the place as well.  Hehe.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

25 June 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 30 days old)

PS - I think you should check this link out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment