The set starts with reverse finger piano (umbari), which I like the sound of. It sort of mirrors the set because of original title track closer having reverse finger piano.This leads into the sombre opening song 'Addiction', which is a shorter and less complex affair than I had originally written.
When I wrote it, the instrumental run was supposed to be repeated at the end but in full rock-out mode with lyrics written for it as well. For some reason I left it alone. Maybe because I was worried that I couldn't do the drumming for the song back then.
As it stands it works okay, a quick opener that sets a tone. The simplicity of most of the songs on the set - single acoustic guitar recorded at the same time as the vocal, then acoustic bass, bongos, and guiro added. In some ways the simplicity of the songs makes the set what it is, a raw (for the most part) set of songs that don't have too much going on.I'll just add that the rhythm is loosely inspired by rhythms in the music of American band Far, such as the song In The Aisle Yelling from the album Tin Cans With Strings To You. The original written ending to this song would have rocked out in a similar fashion as well.
HERE IS THE SONG!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
12 June 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 16 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment