Saturday, 11 June 2011

Didn't He Do Well

So, Bruce Forsyth has now received a knighthood?  I actually thought that he already was!  Obviously I now know that I was wrong about that supposition, and that before now he was merely an OBE.

I feel strange admitting that I remember a good few Brucie related things, such as the gameshows, and I always wondered why I only remember him being in the film Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but no other film?

I know that he had a one-off special either in the late seventies or the early eighties, but that is just one of those memories that is vague and in the sort of hazy way that makes you wonder if it was actually real or not?

The Generation Game was absolutely classic television, always with an audience in eight figures (over 10 million for those whose maths isn't great - the majority of youth these days by the looks of things).  I know, there were only three television channels in the UK at that time, but I still think that it would have garnered a similar audience even if there were thirty channels available back then.

Back then game shows were a different breed, and so much more fun in my opinion.  There was always a good laugh whenever his shows were on, and they were real people, rather than these two bit celebrities they have on game shows now.

I enjoyed the show Play Your Cards Right, which I think was mainly about the chatty jokey bits, rather than the actual game itself.  I didn't mean this blog to go this way, but what the hey.

I hate to say, but I know that he has done other things like Strictly, The Price Is Right, and all of that, but to me they pale in comparison to The Generation Game and Play Your Cards Right, but that's just my opinion.

So well done Brucie, it's deserved.  Now go and celebrate with a round of golf.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

11 June 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 15 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment