Thursday, 30 June 2011

A New World Order song 5 - Waiting For You

A song that dates back really far.  So far back in fact that it was co-written with Stephen Clark.  He came up with the verse chord structure, and I recorded it to work on at a later time.  I came up with verse and chorus lyrics soon after, but we never returned to it to work on the music for the chorus bits.

When working on songs for the sessions I remembered this song when I fished the lyrics out, and liked it.  So I found the original recording from the rehearsal sessions back when it was started on, learnt Stephen's verse chords from that, put music to the chorus, and it finished, apart from the fact that while I was practising the song, I was messing about and somehow came up with the intro to it as well, which I thought was nice.

It is a sort of live recording, with a bit of cheating.  I started by doing it completely live with the intro and then into the song itself.  Joff (the engineer) came through on the talkback and said it would be better if I played the song itself with a plectrum.  What you hear then on the finished recording is a finger picked intro as one take, which goes into the song itself (the next take) with live vocal and acoustic guitar.  Not too bad a vocal for me either at that time.

It's a nice little song really, and much like the majority of A New World Order, an arrangement that is incredibly sparse.  In fact, it is the absolute bare bones of the song really.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

29 June 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 3 days old)

LINK TO SONG ON MYSPACE

No comments:

Post a Comment