If You See Her is a simple little song, that has very basic instrumentation because that's how I was working at the time, and it works so well here. Interesting looking back on the fact that it only has verses and nothing else to it as such.
It is basically another song for a lost love, which was recorded very quickly - first put down was acoustic guitar and vocal live, then the bongos, and finally shakers, all by me. Song finished in about ten minutes or so.
It is a sweet song that doesn't bore because of it being a relatively quick song. I think the song was still relatively new at the time of recording it, and so in a way that helped in keeping that initial creative spark there which, if it had been gestated over a longer period of time, may have got me to thinking of what could be done to it, and messing with structure, arrangement, and that sort of thing. This way the song is just there in it's original form, without the razzmatazz and flash.
Thank you for reading, please take care. If you would like to respond to this, then that would be interesting. I would be very open to people's opinions of my music, because in the long run I need to evolve, and helpful criticism is a good thing in that.
28 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 2 days old)
LINK TO SONG STREAM
No comments:
Post a Comment