Take A Leap Of Faith - what can I say about this song? It suffers from the fact that I worked so quick back then that I didn't use click tracks, and it shows. Ellie did well to get the drums to work there.
After the initial guitar and vocal I added lead acoustic guitar, which did the lead licks, soloing and slide in the same take, then bass guitar. I added the electric guitar after this, which isn't my best playing, and then Ellie's drums and tambourine.
To finish it all off I added a couple of backing harmonies which, although not the best vocals in the world, they do the job fine.
Despite it's flaws, the song is very energetic to listen to, with some decent hooks. The bass is flat, but because the song is musically about energy, it doesn't matter as it has energy in spades. Also a nice effect at the begining of the lead vocal, that probably should have been maintained throughout. A side note is that the verse rhythm is loosely based on Reef's song Place Your Hands.
HERE IS THE SONG
Thank you for reading, please take care.
16 June 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 20 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment