So, I looked at the Paul McCartney related blog that I made again and, after much consideration, decided that those who thought I gave his debut album short shrift were completely right. The big problem I have though is that I just can't find the time to do full justice to it at the moment.
I started writing about the song Junk, which is one of the most beautiful pieces of music that Macca wrote in my opinion. I haven't even scraped the surface of it yet I think, because I think I would put a more intelligent opinion of the album across by learning how to play the songs, and that takes time that I don't really have.
When you share a one bedroomed flat with someone, there isn't privacy to be able to practice or learn songs, because you're constantly under foot. That's not a complaint as such, but I realise that I need what I can't have. Practice, in my opinion, needs to be in private in my opinion.
At present, what I have written about the song Junk is about as much as one of the longer blogs that I write, and I am adamant about learning the song anyway, because as I said I believe it to be one of Paul's best melodies. And, if I am doing that, then perhaps I should learn every other song on the album. As I said before, I would love to actually go through the entire collection of the ex-Beatles solo catalogues and blog about it.
Thinking about it more, I suppose it would be a good idea to leave that blog as it is, but work on a completely different blog altogether that would be something that is far more infrequent, allowing me more time to work on the subjects at hand.
I sort of see this along the lines of my great friend Matt Blick's Beatles Songwriting blog, but maybe not quite so good. I may though try to add some extras to it, such as maybe video footage and the likes, including the odd video of myself playing some of the songs involved in the blogs.
I will however leave this for a little while though, as I a really need to spend some time on the subjects. But don't worry Dean Leivers and Robert Howie, I will publicise when I am posting. Like I said though, they will be very irregular.
Other than that, I really don't know what to blog about today, and to be honest this laptop has probably damaged the ozone layer far too much already.
At present the lovely Louise has that Fat Bodies thing on and, bloody hell, some of the things I keep seeing as I lift my head are cringe worthy. Then you have those two brothers who must have replaced their brain cells with fat cells instead, because they are as thick as shit! Unfortunately for them, and some of our neighbours, they may be able to buy vitamin supplements, but there's nothing they do about being idiots.
Why these people in the programme don't realise that they have a problem is beyond me, especially the guy whose tummy virtually touched the floor. Why didn't they do something about it before now?
I enjoyed watching Field Of Dreams again on Saturday, a brilliant film. Every time I watch that film I notice something different, and it never fails to keep my interest. I must though find time for me and Louise to watch Goodfella's, especially since someone at one of the places I work keeps asking me if I have watched it yet. Apparently it is a film that I should most definitely see, and I know that Louise likes the film a lot. I have just never had the time to take off the cellophane and watch that 3 hour long film since I bought it years ago.
I hope that I can come up with something interesting to blog about again soon. For now I wish everyone well, and look forward to hopefully getting a different job. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but at least some of the places I work have some people who I get on with well, and that makes it easier when I am there. Unlike the sites where I can feel people's eyes on me all the time.
My brother James has now finished at University, and I am so very proud of him. I am also looking forward to going to his graduation. I am forever and ever his brother and a friend he can rely on.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
6 June 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 11 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment