So, I've now discussed five of the songs that are on A New World Order, and that has only skimmed the surface. When first issued, it featured 21 song, but when reissued it will feature an extra ten songs.
I will be honest and admit that talking about my music is in part a publicity thing, which is why I won't be streaming every song from the album on Myspace. That means that when it comes out, there will still be some surprises there. Even those who have it from back then will have some surprises, because of the bonus tracks.
Anyway, that's enough blatant promotion for the time being. We'll be getting back to that soon enough I promise you. ;-)
So, here I am at work (on Thursday writing Friday's blog) looking forward to the next two days off (fingers are crossed metaphorically). Friday will hopefully be musically related, where I'm looking forward to getting some music done. Saturday I'm not sure what's happening.
I need to get the music written to Dreamworld, a song with four parts to it, much in a similar way to how Rush songs lasted for an entire side of vinyl back in the seventies. I don't know how it came to be like that, but I just couldn't stop writing lyrics. It's like that sometimes the muse just takes you where it takes you.
I'm going to learn a couple of songs as well, and possibly finish my version of God Save The Queen, although I'm not sure of the vocal style that I have used so far on the song and wonder if I should go for a more folkish throaty vocal instead. We'll see.
I feel bad that I'm not going to visit people, but I am looking forward to music time, and it does save on fuel, which is difficult to afford these days. I will hopefully get some more visits in again soon. We'll see what the future brings, because I have applied for a few jobs.
I might do something else that I haven't done for donkey's years as well, which is to make myself up a mix-tape. Well, CD to be more exact, but it would give a CD for me to listen to when I have the place to myself. I've made them for Louise over the years, but not for myself for so very long.
Now what caused this decision to make a "mix disc"? What was the cosmic big bang that caused this ultra-momentous explosion of... yeah, I lost it there I'll admit.
This will explain the extremes of my taste in music. Four songs that played on my iPod in a row on the way to work were What's Your Favourite Colour by Living Colour, Cloud Nine by The Temptations, Earth Song by Michael Jackson, and Why Should I Love You by Kate Bush, to which I'll probably add an Alice In Chains song, and more. I just like the idea of having some music playing in the background sometimes, and I miss it being my music collection (that plus it will teach the neighbours what music actually is, and not that bloody club music they keep playing - grumpy old man alert!!!)
Anyway, there's the plan then, and let's see what happens. It probably won't pan out that way.
I hope that everyone is okay. Thank you for reading, please take care.
1 July 2011 (40 years, 7 months, and 5 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment