Carrying on from my last actual rambling blog, I didn't do that much on Wednesday 27th to be honest, except for a couple of games of scrabble, which is always a good thing. I spent most of the day trying to maintain a signal strong enough to finish and publish my Ramblings and Music blogs if truth be told. I don't know about the 3 network being that good on mobile broadband, I think it stinks.
I took back Wall-E without even getting to watch it, but I will see the film one day damn it!!!
Wednesday I carried on trying to learn McCartney's song Junk for my music blog, after deciding to try the version played on the Beatles Anthology series of CD's. It is still difficult though because I find trying to learn things easier if I'm on my own somewhere, which is just not possible in a flat. That's just a fact. Practice is something where you need time alone to do it, and that means having a place where you can listen properly (rather than through headphones on a laptop), and just concentrate on that. Is this just my experience?
Thursday we had a wander around Newark, which made a really nice change. Louise hadn't really been down Barnby Gate very far, but now we went right down to Sherwood Avenue, and then back towards town along Balderton Gate.
We played a bit of scrabble as well, and we watched A Bug's Life, which I had never seen before and I loved it. Like I've said before, I love Pixar.
I also took the guitar and laptop into the bedroom and tried to put down the song Junk, having now given up on the idea of recording the Anthology version and going back to the version from the McCartney album again. I'm almost there now with the song. I can foresee myself taking the guitar with me to work a few times in my new job.
Friday 29th was a shift at Skegness, which started badly as I was told upon arrival that I wasn't allowed to use the store car park on a Friday or Saturday (just like the rest of the staff). I argued about it and, to be honest, wasn't pleased that I had to park on a side street somewhere. I'm writing this bit during that shift and am still not sure whether I'll come back for Saturday's shift or not!
I got back home Friday night and shared a couple of hours with my darling. We also played some Burnout Revenge on the PS2, but I was so beat that I was finding it hard to concentrate.
So Saturday 30th morning I got up and I thought that leaving around 11 to get to Skegness for a 1pm start would be okay. After all, AA Route Planner says one and a half hours. What could possibly go wrong?
I Should have stayed at home! Three hours and what looked like half a tank of fuel later I arrived. This is after being a little short with the person who rang at about 1.15 asking if I had arrived, how long it would be, and all of that. Already my fuel light was showing.
Thankfully I had sold my original series Star Trek DVD's (which I'll be replacing with the new set that came out) that morning to make money, so I could put £6 into the tank as well as the fuel can I keep in the boot of the car for emergencies - this was one, because I didn't want to be stuck in Skegness until payday three weeks later!
The manager of the store seemed to be pissed off that I was late, but what could I have done? If I made his money then I would probably not be so pissed off as I was. Holding my tongue was difficult, because I could easily have had a go back at him with his stupidly enormous salary, that is completely undeserved. Sod him!
I do have to say though that when I picked up the guitar on Saturday morning that I almost pulled of Junk perfectly - nearly there damn it! I've got to admit that power chord riffs are easier in a lot of ways. Some of these chords are almost killing me. I will not be beaten though.
Obviously that little bit was being written while at work on Saturday. There's something interesting about writing while the day is happening. Probably makes for a long blog though.
Thank you for reading please take care. Part 2 to this particular blog on it's way very soon.
5 August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 10 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment