Now I'm writing on a different day and it is Lincoln on a Sunday (31st). We will probably be popping in here to do our shopping occasionally when I start my new job. The staff here are lovely and friendly, and it's not that far for us to travel.
Mark is working on the fish counter at the moment, and John will be in around midday because apparently he has bad gout (sore). Good job he doesn't work with his feet though hey?
The managers I have seen today are Matt and Paul. I probably shouldn't say this but Paul's surname is Elsagood, but I secretly call him Ebeneezer for no other reason but the song "E's are good, he's Ebeneezer Good". E's a good = Elsagood, you see?
Had a little bit of a laugh with Dan on trolleys there who was jokingly sad that his "arse won't fit on the Peppa Pig ride", so I put "Damn you Peppa Pig!" as my status on Facebook, to which Kel (who works on the fish counter but was on a day off that day) put on my page - "Hello, what's your name?" and "Would you like to have a go?" This made me, Dan & Kester there laugh. Thanks Kel. If you work at most Morrison's stores or go there then you may well be familiar with the ride or something similar.
When I got home after then I did pick up the guitar and play a little. I also posted up a blog about my song Mystery, which is a lovely song I think.
Louise treated me and her to a lovely salad for dinner. We watched Dragon's Den on telly, where we both agreed that the new dragon (is her name Hilary?), is not a woman to mess with. She cuts to the chase and obviously doesn't suffer fools gladly. You could say that she is very short with people, almost rude even.
I did a lot of internet stuff, and we finished the Mail On Sunday crossword, except for one bloody answer. The clue is 1500, and the answer is two words - five letters and six letters. I still don't understand it.
Now I am writing in my book while at Loughborough on Monday, and immediately the welcome was warm (it's been a few months since I was last here). Adam said that he thought that I wouldn't be coming back because it had been so long since last time I was here, to which I joked that I was "doing a farewell tour." We thought it was funny. Adam is a nice guy, but always seems to bloody busy at work. I think he needs to follow his dreams and keep doing the music. Would love to hear some by the way.
Louise has just texted me to tell me the answer to the crossword - THREE O'CLOCK!!! Of course, how come we didn't get that? It's the 24 hour clock!
I've already written the blog for the song Junk, including the pictures, and am just trying to record the song, put it up, and then I'll make it live or "PUBLISH" as blogspot.com calls it (that's who I use to blog by the way).
I'm enjoying the music blog project, but am also warily scared of it, and of how I will do. Initially I thought of just recording the songs I liked, but then thought that covering all of them might be interesting. Interesting yes, but also bloody time consuming. I think I might have a little break after finishing the McCartney album, although I can see that alone taking a while to do.
I've enjoyed catching up with Mark O'Donoghue at Loughborough today. A nice lad, who I hope gets to join a band when he goes to uni in September.
I have met some nice people while I've been doing this job. I will miss those people, but I won't miss the amount of time spent driving, or the sat waiting in traffic. I will look forward to walking to and from work a lot of the time.
Thank you for reading, please take care. Part Three on the way soon.
5th August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, 10 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment