I didn't really do very much during Friday off apart from typing up epic blogness and recording Jews Harp onto my version of Man We Was Lonely for the other blog about the music of the members of The Beatles, but after the split.
I did meet Louise from her working at the charity shop, where we then went to a couple of places until almost home we saw our neighbour sat on the bench from ours with her friend. We were all just chatting for a while, so I just asked if anyone wanted a cup of tea and then went to ours and made everyone a drink.
Louise thought that I was taking a while, so she came in to see what I was up to. It was just that the tea bags we have take a while to mash, so I got my gypsy organ out and started trying to play the song Junk on it. Louise likes the look of the instrument, but thinks that it sounds awful and morbid almost.
So, we got the drinks made and went back out, Louise taking the tray, and me nipping to Morrison's around the corner for some biscuits at 50p. I couldn't decide on McVities Ginger Nuts or McVities Shortcakes. I got both! What can I say, when the choice is there and they are 50p each, I choose - every option.
We must have been out there chatting for nearly two hours. All it meant was a later dinner, but still a nice bit of time spent there.
Saturday was sort of a lazy day. Louise wasn't feeling great, so I left her to sleep while I got up, did some reading, washed the pots left over from Friday night, and eventually brought her a cup of tea to wake up to.
I went out and did all of the shopping, leaving Louise to chill at home, or try to at least. I probably had the laptop on for far too long, and I did play a lot of Burnout Revenge on the PS2. It was a day off, what can I say?
At last I got some pictures off my phone onto the laptop, and got a couple of little bits done, but not that much really. If truth be told I was tired all day, and I didn't really feel like doing much of anything.
Back to work the next day for the first of the eight days that I have left working for my present employer. What is basically my home store - Lincoln.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
7 August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 12 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment