Friday, 5 August 2011

Blog so long it's being split up - Part Three

Tuesday 2nd was another shift at the Lincoln store.  I enjoy working there, which I think is due to a mix of nice staff, and the fact that it's not a long journey for me to make.  Someone asked me if I was permanently on that store would I be leaving, and I said that I probably wouldn't be.  Oh well, all things must pass as George Harrison said in a great song that could easily have been a classic Beatles A-Side.

It was a good shift.  It's very rare that there is any trouble at Lincoln, but there have obviously been times, such as when those lads tried to get off with the basket of meat and I chased them up the road, where they dumped it and I brought it right back to the shop.  I know, me running - shocker.  I've put weight on since then I guess.

Wednesday (as I am now writing this in the book) is the Loughborough store again.  My last shift here as well, as I now have my rota for the rest of my employment with this company.  Next Monday is a store I don't think I've been to this year, but I'll leave that for now and no mention where it is.  For now I will just carry on with this blog.

I got here to Loughborough today and was shocked to see windows missing and boarded up, with pallets on the inside.  The previous night people used paving slabs to smash through the window to try and steal the perfumes, aftershaves and the likes from the entrance way cabinet.  The world today hey.

I was going to bring a guitar with me today, but decided against it.  Probably a good thing considering the break in last night.  I thought of doing some guitar playing with Mark from Produce.  If nothing else he could have videoed me trying to do the song Junk for youtube, which I actually did the record of today, although I'm not fond of my vocal on it - no change there then.

Oh, that's great.  In the last couple of minutes I've been able to say goodbye to Terry & Richard from the Loughborough store, as they have both been in as customers.  That's made things a lot better.  Trying not to get teary - it's only a job Marv!!!

It was difficult in a way to say goodbye to Loughborough.  I suppose I'm just the sort of person who gets on with people when I should probably keep more of a distance?  With that in mind I'll just admit that I miss my friends Tony, Mario, the music scene, and well everyone really...  Except for that one over there, he-he.

Now it's Thursday when I am writing this and, to be honest, I'm in what is probably one of my least favourite stores,which is Grantham.  There's just an atmosphere to the place that I don't like.  I'm not the best retail guard by any stretch of the imagination, but here they can be just bloody rude in some cases.  This will be a case of good riddance, and I don't use that term lightly I'll tell you.

At last I am half way through the first subject of my other blog series on the members of The Beatles careers after the split.  I'm tempted to retitle it After The Beatles, what do you think?

I have just realised that the new job I'm taking will most likely bring a lot of internet action for me.  I know, as if I don't do enough on the internet already.  I'll be getting a bloody clot like that guy who died from playing on the X-Box for over 12 hours each day.  Condolences to his family, rest in peace.

God I am looking forward to the end of this shift.  This is my seventh shift in a row and I am really shattered.  The weather doesn't help with there being no air to breathe, and it is so warm.  I know that it'll be worse now that I am going back to a job that is mainly nights, but that's the way things have to be really.  I had to do something because the travel was driving me crazy (excuse the unintended pun).

I've just finished writing a set of lyrics for a new song I'm going to write as a potential for a female singer.  Fingers crossed people.  It's a love song, so that should be in it's favour.

Just chatted with my great friend Robert Sumner here at work, who lives in Grantham somewhere.  That was nice, lovely family too.  Say's he'll invite us over for a barbecue sometime, to which I said I never turn down free food!

I'm doing a lot of flaming blog writing lately aren't I!  It'll probably take me a whole day to type it all up at this rate!!! (Not far wrong by the looks of things)

Oh well, anyway I'd best finish my coffee and get back down for the last couple of hours here at Grantham.  I'll be home early-ish tonight, and will obviously be eating a great meal made by my sweetheart's lovely hands.

Definite potential for the scrabble board coming out I think.  Got to be done.

Thank you for reading this 3 part blog.  Please take care.

5th August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 10 days old).

No comments:

Post a Comment