Friday, 19 August 2011

The Last Eight Days - Part Two

So my days off then.  I can't remember too much about Wednesday and Thursday except for lots of chilling and getting some tidying up done.  We did some wandering around Newark, but not that much really.

We've watched a lot of Ace Of Cakes and Kid In A Candystore, which are both on the Food Network UK channel, and have a tendency to make you hungry and, in the case of Ace Of Cakes, laugh at the shenanigans of Duff and everyone else there.  I am tempted though to find out how much they would charge to get cake over here.  Probably a bloody lot I'd assume.  If you have never watched it then I suggest you just once to see what they can do - amazing!

On the Friday I got quite a bit done I suppose.  I got the next instalment in the music blog typed up and finished the song for it - Man We Was Lonely by Paul McCartney.

I also recorded two more cover versions for my Recovery project.  These two songs were Angry Chair by Alice In Chains and Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers.  I am sort of over half way through now I suppose, but that's questionable since two of the songs are by Wings.  There are gaps, but presently I have the following;

1. Band On The Run - Wings
2. God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols
3. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
4. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
5. Angry Chair - Alice In Chains
6. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
11. Winter Rose/Love Awake - Wings

As I said there are two Wings songs, and Subterranean Homesick Blues is nowhere near finished just yet.  It's only a personal project anyway as I can't sell it to anyone, unfortunately.

I also started work on the music to a song I've been writing that I hope the lovely Rebecca Bains will record.  It's a love song and is titled "Oh Love My Love".  I'm happy with the chorus music, but not overwhelmed with the rest of the music just yet.  It's okay, but a second opinion has been asked by my friend Rob Huskinson because sometimes you can be too close to something to look properly at it.  I really intend to impress with the song.

I shared a nice evening with my sweetheart, along with a great meal as ever.

I'm sort of worried about the Saturday shift at Lincoln, since it will be my last.  I will miss the people there, but I feel that it's a good thing because they will have someone who actually wants 100% be a Retail Security guard, and therefore will do a better job.  I was okay, but they will be better...  Not as friendly though!

I can see the new job hopefully giving me more time to work on things while I am there.  I'm hoping to finish a few projects off, as well as hopefully build up a better bank balance from not using the car as much.  I can't walk to work with a laptop and guitar can I!!!

Tomorrow (Saturday) will be difficult though and maybe emotional even.  I will miss the people there.

So here I am then on my last shift for these employers, and it is Lincoln.  A good job really because if they had changed it at the last minute then I would have told them to forget it.  That would have been the last straw, the final curtain, the ultimate finale, the end of it, the last rolo, the... ... You get the point.

I've found a few things while I have been here today, but I still have a while left of the shift.

John has just left and wished me well, followed by Carol the cleaner.  John said that he will see me on the "Book Of Faces", which you've probably guessed means Facebook.  It's actually getting a little tougher as the day moves on.

I've just this second posted that I don't think that I'll e stopping late tonight, instead leaving on time for once.  I don't care if there are any customers left, which I don't think that there will be anyway.

As it is, it's basically dead in the store after about seven o'clock to be honest.  I'll still leave the shop floor dead on ten tonight because that will be it.  The last moment of paid work.  Not give longer than that.

Now for something I'm adding to this pre-written blog.  As it turned out I did wait for the last customer to leave, then went to the Security room and came back out to give Rachel at the kiosk a card that I had for the workers of the store in general to thank them.

Thank you to everyone from all of the Morrison's stores that I worked, but Lincoln was the store that I did the most often and, to be honest, they basically taught me what to do.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

19 August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 24 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment