I wasn't sure whether or not to include the song Mistakes, because of two reasons. Number one is that it would probably work as a full produced all out rock song. Number two is the fact that it was always intended to be a demo version that I put down to work on later into a rock song. I never got back to it, and have now decided to just issue it like this on here.
I was obviously writing a lot at the time, and this was me being completely honest, although maybe exaggerated, which I call poetic licence.
"Been doing my own thing
Lived my life of sin
I know I've been bad but it was fun
Went back to smoking rock
Got my head smashed 'round the block
But then I went back & did it again."
Here I am basically saying that I have been naughty. I smoked dope a few times, got beaten up, but that was then, and I learnt from these things.
I'm not fond of all the lyrics to the chorus and would definitely change them if I were working on it again. That is the main reason for any problems I have with the song.
The actual music, chords, and feel I like very much. I like the difference between the chorus and verse music. It's got a good fast tempo to it, with a very percussive tone to the acoustic guitar.
Not a bad song, but could be better
HERE IS THE SONG!
Thank for reading, please take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment