I'm catching up with the backlog of posts that I had pre-written now.
I did get up at 3.30 in the morning on Thursday and do the whole shaving, brushing of teeth, moisturising and that by five to four when Louise got up to iron me a shirt while I had a bite to eat and a cup of tea. Thank you darling.xxx She did go back to bed though (don't blame I).
I left home at 4.25 and got to site at 4.30. That is very different for me. It's officially a 5 o'clock start as well, but apparently if you're early the guard you take off tries to do the same at the other end of the shift.
I don't care what time of the year it is, but your hands and face get bloody chilly being stood outside between ten to five and six o'clock in the morning. I'll bring a beanie hat next time for sure.
The guard named Anthony was already there when I arrived, so he must have been bloody early. He's on a station that I keep on swapping with, mainly because he isn't allowed to eat there, and there is a toilet where he is, but not on either of the other two stations on this side of the site.
It's funny but at around half past six or so the electricians showed up who were father and son, with the son being my younger brother James' friend Chris, which was great. Nice lad.
At the moment it has just gone a quarter to ten in the morning and I think I'll get some more reading done because this is the second blog that I've written today. I'm looking at the other blog that I write and think that I should maybe let people know that I am having a breather from it while I get used to my new job, and to give me time to work on a couple of other things that need finishing off. It also gives me time to think about how I'm going to do Oo You, and the rest of the songs that are left. Not many left I'll grant you.
I will do Singalong Junk as well, but am not sure about Kreen-Akrore. For completist purposes though I suppose that I should do it, but I'm averse to spending money on studio time just so I can do drums, and this is a song that is mainly just drums for the most part.
Oh hell, I keep making the mistake here, so I'll pop another pro-plus then.
It's just coming up to four now and I have cleaned the surfaces, vacuum-ed the carpet tiles, and filled the kettle for my relieving officer. I've been given my shifts for next week, as well as another shift somewhere else. What I do know is that they have a couple of sites which I will say no to if asked to do them. They are sites that would require me to travel, and I actually like to sleep between shifts even if last night proves otherwise.
I know that I will get a better sleep tonight because I will be so tired. I also know that I am looking forward to a great meal. Yummy.
Flipping heck. All that in one day! Crikey.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
20 August 2011 (40 years, 8 months, and 25 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment