Sunday, 29 May 2011

Daydream

Sometimes I'll daydream
And wish that I was someone else
It's just some flight of fancy
And I can't contain myself

That is self promotion blatantly, as they are lyrics to the song Daydreamer from my soon to be released One Day collection. The reason for quoting them is just to basically put over the fact that we are all guilty of daydreaming from time to time, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I am writing this while I am at work on a Sunday for instance, while imagining what I would be doing if I was having a day off. Not that I ever get Sundays off, unless I book a holiday to cover for it.

If I was off today, then I would not have got up before eight in the morning, but rather nine to catch up with the lack of sleep during the week.

I would possibly help Louise with the banana and walnut loaf that she is making today (now made), though I guess I would more likely be online blogging, tweeting, or facebook gaming.

I would absolutely be washing the car because by a bad stroke of luck, Sunday is the only time where you're allowed to park outside in the daytime.  This explains then why my car doesn't get washed very often.

We're not sure whether we will watch The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button on Channel 4 later, or get out the blu-ray.  Funnily enough, we have both been thinking lately about the film.

If we lived somewhere else, I would probably have a room with my musical instruments in, and have half an hour to an hour with them.  I'd like to think that I would come up with a gem of an idea musically at least.

Anyway, we all daydream or go off into flights of fancy sometimes, and this has been mine.

Tomorrow I do have a day off, and we'll see what happens.  Probably not a good idea to go to somewhere too popular, as it is a bank holiday.  We will see.

Thank you for reading and please take care.

29 May 2011 (40 years, 6 months, and 3 days old)

PS - We are watching The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button on blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment