So everyone knows that I am a very big fan of The Beatles, both together and apart. I am very much a completist when it comes to these things, which is why the reissuing that Paul McCartney is doing interests me. I'm very pissed off though with the price that is being charged though. Fifty five bloody pounds for each of the next two sets in the series! I take it that the people behind these releases hasn't thought about the fact that we are living in difficult times when it comes to finance and, let's be honest here, I love Macca but he's not exactly short of a bob or two is he?
I know, the artist makes a very small percentage when it comes to these things, but the record companies should know that if things were slightly cheaper then more people would buy them?
There is also the fact that this sort of thing goes on all over the place. Films are released, and then a few years later after having already forked out for the ULTIMATE EDITION, you suddenly find them issuing the EXTREMELY LIMITED ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL OF TIME EXCLUSIVE DIAMOND ENCRUSTED PLATINUM EDITION with more extras than there is time left on the planet, apparently... I'll not go there!
Anyway, if they had all of this before then why didn't they just bring that out originally. I am very interested in the behind the scenes aspects to these things, and this is just taking the piss quite frankly.
Rant over. Better cough before I die drowning on my own phlegm!
I'll still buy the Macca reissues probably, but grudgingly. I'm crossing fingers that they will issue versions without the books!
Thank you for reading, please take care.
(Revenge of the Sixth) 6 May 2011 (40 years, 5 months, and 10 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment