I know another melancholy love song, but also probably one of my best. I didn’t put it onto A New World Order originally because, to be honest, I thought back then of leaving it to work on for the follow-up set Colours, but I never did.
I wanted someone else to sing it as well, because I was always self-conscious about my vocal and the basic live arrangement to it of just vocal and acoustic guitar.
The song itself all stemmed from the initial first line, “Promises turn into lies as things keep moving on”. This is a relationship that has been going for a long while, and has suddenly become stagnant now. In some ways I was cherry-picking subject matter. I knew someone who was having an affair because they said their marriage was boring.
The verse about “I’ve known true love once before it was like magic to my heart…” was from my own past. And so in truth the whole song is a mish mash of a few people that I knew.
Musically I think the song is beautiful with the chord structures, the different sections, and how everything works with each other. I am very proud of the song.
I think my voice is bad in places, and I’m not completely sure but I may have gone wrong at one point in the song on the guitar. Other than that, I think it is a really good song.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment