While at work in my breaks yesterday, I wrote what is basically an entire blog.
So, I've decided to leave that as a blog, and then see what time I have before going out to see if I can do another blog.
Film, Television, Illness, & Memory Jogging.
I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time in the assembly room at Broughton House School. Eventually the telly moved to the room at the front left of the building where the arcade machines were - tres cool.
Once the telly moved, I remember seeing the Saturday morning show No. 73 in there, which featured the cartoon Roger Ramjet. Damn, strange memories. Oh, and the amazing Batfink - "My wings are like a shield of steel."
I threw a pool ball at someone in there as well. To be honest I don't remember a lot, but a few things better now that I used to. Memories are coming back, thanks guys :-)
Actually, there's a school reunion in May, which I'm both looking forward to, and am nervous about. 26 years is a bloody long time after all, and some of them even longer.
My brother James was born when I was 12 years old. I know that some people admit to being jealous of younger siblings and that, but I never was. Always loved him, and he is now a wonderful man that the whole family are so proud of. I just mention that in passing because I was at Broughton House when he was born, and while he was a baby.
I remember being incredibly ill once at Broughton House, when a few of us were bedridden in the bedroom at the top of the stairs that had the secretary's office at the foot of them. It was something that was infectious, which is why we were in there together. I feel daft that I can't remember what we were sick with. I'm sure that someone from there will let me know if they check this out.
The Avenue - I'm planning on going to The Avenue Project in Chesterfield while I've got my time of. Probably silly, but I spent a bloody long time there. A lot of memories there.
Hmm, that wasn't too long a blog was it. I'll post this, and then I'll do another for today maybe.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 3rd February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 8 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment