Once again I'm going to make something up on the spot with my blog today. I did start typing something, but I still feel like it's time to leave off that subject for a while. Maybe there are some people out there wondering what I'm on about, but trust me when I say that it's a tough subject to talk about.
I'm just on the Tunecore website at the moment, where I am uploading a song for eventual sale on iTunes, Amazon, and other places. I'm looking forward to having it on there, although it is an old song from a good few years ago. It is however, one of the best songs I've ever written in my opinion. Ooh, I know... I'll talk about the old material sometime soon I think? Yeah, that's a good idea. See what I can remember about them.
Actually, as a bit of a thing (can't remember the word), I've decided to place a question on Facebook and Twitter asking whether people think I should release a single song, or a full album for only £5 more. Depending on that depends on what happens, well maybe. I'm sort of leaning towards the complete album thing to be honest, because that extra £5 is making me wonder about putting more songs on the set since it's a digital release anyway. There are, I think, 24 songs on there or something, and I could bolster that to 30 if I add some more tunes from that recording period and put them as BONUS TRACKS - see what I did there? I'm using the industry standard to sell something. I'm adding songs and thinking of calling it a SPECIAL EDITION - the guaranteed way to get people's interest so it seems.
I too am one of those that has fallen for that before now. Let's face it, I just get too much into my love of music, and if an updated version of something comes out, I will invariably buy it. I now have three different versions of the Band On The Run album, and I have the enormous Born To Run box set that includes, I think, one CD and two DVD's, which have the making of (including footage from the recording), and a live concert. Let's face it, any live footage of Bruce Springsteen is well worth it, he's The Boss.
I'm going to my aunt's next week for the first time in a very long time, and am so looking forward to it. I'll be going through some of the stuff that I have stored there, and sifting through it. There are a few things I'm looking for, which include a CD of old Shadowplay, Jewel and Cornerstone recordings, and a good few other things. It's nice to be able to have the time to catch up with family and friends, because these days it just seems more difficult to see people and catch up. That's my main reason for looking for another job.
When I first took on this new job I have, which if I'm honest isn't too bad really, I was basically just trying to get out of being unemployed, and so I agreed to be what's called an Area Relief Officer. I thought, "well, I won't get that much to do, and they probably won't send me too far." How wrong was I? Very. In one week I must have done around 600 miles the other week. I don't mind driving, but I get sick of it sometimes, and the way that fuel is going up is just crazy. The government are all for people not using their cars so much, but you can't really use public transport to commute either, because that's just too bloody expensive and, in the case of buses, it takes far too long. You have to drive to work and back if you work some distance and, if you're a night worker (like I was, and may soon have to be again), you can't get a return ticket on a bus or most trains that you use over two days (technically the beginning and end of a shift).
I am still waiting for people to get back to me about this whole release a single song or an album business. Still no response. I actually think in some ways that no one is that bothered about my music, and that they're just being nice with things that they say. After all, and this is very sad, I am the only person that actually bought anything of mine on iTunes, just really to see if it worked (plus, I like having the pictures up on the screen and everything. Silly I know. I am still edging towards the full album though personally.
In fact, sod it. I'll issue a full album then. I think that £7.99 is a good price for around 30 songs anyway in anyone's money. Above now I have put the picture that would have been the picture to go with the single I was going to issue, but now I'll issue the full album it was from way back when. Well, I was going to put a picture, but this blogging thing is being a bit of an arse today - thanks.
I've been trying to finish this blog for numerous hours, but the signal on the 3 network has been, shall we say, less than co-operative to put it politely. In fact, so sick of it, think I'll finish now and enjoy what's left of my day now that I have wasted all that time.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 18th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 23 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment