Today's blog then hey... What to write about? I know; make it up as I type it.
So, I've still got a few days off until I'm back to work, but even so I have been contacted a few times and have been given six shifts for my first week back next week, which will mean having to pay for 240 miles travelling myself before I even get any bloody expenses. The way this thing is I am absolutely pissed with it all. I don't mind having to pay a little bit towards fuel obviously, but this really takes the piss. I have a few jobs that are possibilities, and can't wait to give my notice in. They can kiss my exhaust fumes!!!
I know that I should really moan about work online because I've heard of people getting into trouble when they've moaned about work online, but I don't give a shit to be completely honest. I am trying to gather the guts up now to send a message with the Area Manager to let them know that I'd prefer shorter weeks. I know that I'm not going to worry about too much time in the future, because I am adamant about getting another job altogether. It may be in security, but it certainly won't be with them because they lied to me in the interview by saying that they paid for the entire journey if I went over 30 miles... First of all it's over 40 miles, and they only pay for the miles after 40 miles. As well as that there was the agreement that I would do sites within a 30 mile radius, and maybe occasionally go out of that area. That has obviously changed, and so I'm looking for something different where I'm not taken the piss out of.
It's taken me a long long time to get to the point where I won't let people take me for granted. Some people I know got to that stage much sooner in life, but me it's taken a long time. There are still a lot of my friends who will get carried away by the hours and getting the cash, and I can understand it in their lives, but I'm changing now. I'm turning away from the sort of person who wanted to make tons of money. The tons of money is good, but now I'm starting to think that there are more important things in life than that. But that's me as I am now.
Had another text apologising for "hounding" me. Obviously they're having manpower problems at the moment, otherwise I'm sure that message wouldn't have been put that way. In some ways it's because of how people are treated as workers that cause them to look elsewhere and leave them. I'm already in that area, and I've only been working with them since mid October. I don't mind doing the odd extra shift, but I am getting sick of being a Relief Officer and getting a rota with 6 shifts every week that is a minimum of 50 hours per week with the addition of a weekly total of a minimum of 12 hours.
Anyway, that's enough of that. While at my aunt's yesterday, I got songs uploaded ready for the Special Edition of A New World Order, and I've been incredibly generous by making the original 22 titles now up to 32 titles, adding ten songs that were recorded in the sessions that made the album, but weren't used. I had plenty of material to work with back then that's for sure. After going to my aunt's yesterday I came back with some discs and discovered recordings from then that I had completely forgotten about. There were obviously around 50 or more songs in total recorded at that time, which also included a rough version of Don't Run Away, which I had completely forgotten I had done. It wasn't actually intended for A New World Order, but was just something that I performed live just to get the idea down. I did that a lot back then. In some ways I sort of look back on that period with happy thoughts, and it was so weird how I'd recorded songs.
Back then I went in with songs and performed live acoustic guitar and vocal together, and then add to that with other parts if necessary. In some cases I also had harmonica as well for that initial track. After this was done I would add the other parts. Everything on A New World Order except for When I Was With You was recorded that way. It was surprising how it worked. The lesson I learnt from this period though was that in some cases it was time consuming because I wanted to cheat at times and basically copy and paste, but working as quick as I was through songs, I didn't even give the engineers time to set up a click track to keep the timing constant throughout the songs, so I couldn't do that and had to play all the way through songs every time I put a new instrument on, which was sort of how I had known to record before then anyway, because I had never been in before then since they became fully digital. Before then I had only recorded using the analogue set-up.
Again this has taken me absolutely ages to sort out, mainly because the signal has been terrible again with the mobile broadband signal. This is something that I still need to get sorted eventually, but it's useless doing anything until we move from here to somewhere more permanent. That plus the whole initial outlay to get everything installed and that, since there are no connections in this flat anywhere, which is strange in this day and age. I don't think I've come across a place without a telephone thing in a room somewhere for some years. Well strange..
Anyway, to finish off, I don't know why but I only took photo's of two things yesterday at my aunt's, so above and below this little bit I've put a picture of each for your delectation.
Have a fantastic day y'all. Here's to some interesting blogging tomorrow with studio information and stuff. Take care of yourselves.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 24nd February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 29 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment