Tuesday, 22 February 2011

General stuff and nonsense

So here we are with another day.  I now have no pre-written blogs left to type out and am going to just type whatever comes to mind.  It seems to have worked previously, because I've received no reports of people dying of boredom just yet, although I'm sure there's still time.  I mean, there are people that never come away from their computers, much like that World Of Warcraft fanatic on that episode of South Park, so someone may not have been discovered dead yet.  We never know.  You could just see the scene right now, Crime Scene Investigators show up, smell the rotting corpse, see them at the computer with their cursor hovering over the minimize/close option on their page in readiness to do something.  It brings a tear to the eye doesn't it.

Oh well...  What's happening with you?  Anyone discovered any interesting blogs and new podcast's for me to check out?  I'm going to be back to having loads of time to fill on journeying to and from work places again soon and have nothing to listen to in my stereo-less car.  Next time I buy a car I'll make sure that the bloody car stereo works as well as everything else.  You can get bored shitless driving around for ages without even the radio in the background to stop you from dropping off on the roads full of earth movers, JCB's, and all the flaming roadworks that are going on absolutely everywhere.  These roadworks just get worse.  Now if a journey used to take an hour, you feel like you should maybe double the driving time because you'll probably come across say seven or eight sets of temporary lights/junctions where they're "making the roads safer and better" - thanks.  Can't they actually have some thought and say, "hey those roadworks are only about a mile or so away from those others, perhaps we should stagger them so people don't have too many of them when they're out travelling?"  No, they don't bloody think of that because if they can't get in to work, they just switch their computers and have their phones ready to work from home.  Lovely, "work from home"!!!  Wish I could do that.  These people probably still expect their secretaries and personal assistants to show up at the offices that they can't get to, and I'm sure that if they were a couple of minutes late because of the traffic the bosses (on their phones from home) would seriously chastise for it, even when they obviously didn't even want to bother trying to get to work themselves.  Sorry, I've heard of this sort of thing, and have actually seen it happen as well.  Double standards piss me off, what can I say!? - I'm not sure whether I should have put an exclamation mark or question mark there, so put the point across more by emphasising it ;)

... ... *time passes* ... ...

Sorry, had a bit of a break there while doing other stuff.  Somebody on Twitter put me onto a dubmix of The Beatles Eleanor Rigby, which I liked.  There are a few things I've come across over the last few months that I've liked on there, not that they're exactly original though, because it's not really their song is it, but it's an inventive way of keeping something in people's moods, and making it relevant to music today, if that's actually needed really.  Some music is timeless.  Here is another one that I think is quite cool, but shouldn't work - The Beatles Vs Shaggy :-)

Since I'm in the youtube mindset, here we go with some more stuff to check out;

1. Pearl Jam - Spin The Black Circle
2. Beastie Boys - Sabotage
3. Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
4. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Rascal King
5. Queen - Innuendo (or alternative original version with gulf war footage)

There we go, a bit of viewing for you.  Some great songs I think too.  I'm spoiling you there I think.  Anyway, obviously you can see that I love youtube, and in fact I think I'll have a look and maybe put some more links up for you another time too.  Yes, I think so.

I've been very on and off today with this blog, just can't seem to get away from the other stuff I have going on internet wise - guess I'm addicted, plus I have other things that I should be doing.  Going out into town in a little while just to see where it is that I live.  Going to see my aunt tomorrow (yay), and going through some bits while I'm there, hopefully to return with a disc of really old Shadowplay and Cornerstone material.  That would be great.  In fact, I wish I could get hold of my minidisc collection, because I'd love to get the stuff put onto CD sometime while I'm in the studio, maybe do a couple of discs in the background each time I'm recording, so I'm recording the Project Marv (or whatever it is I'm doing) stuff, and getting that onto disc in the background.  While thinking about the past, I remembered that me and Matt (Cornerstone) also worked a rough demo cover of D'Angelo's Brown Sugar, and lots of other stuff.  In a way, I think it might be helpful to listen through old stuff, and there's also the fact that me and Paul are both very nostalgic at the moment with regard to the Shadowplay/Jewel period definitely.  Who knows where that could lead?

Anyway, please take care of yourselves.

Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Marv - 22nd February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 27 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment