Hello everybody, how's your day? I've spent today looking at music again. I've got all the songs uploaded now in readiness for getting the Special Edition of A New World Order onto iTunes, and other places. The Special Edition features 10 extra titles on top of the 22 songs that were on it originally in 2004. When I get paid I'll make sure that I get that on there, and I'll renew Colours to make that available as well.
I've also been looking at what needs doing for the One Day set as well, and will have the parts for that set down as soon as I can. Someone that Rob knows is going to be putting some rock organ onto Together for that set, and vocals are needed for that song still as well. I'm looking forward to getting that out at last, as I'm sure are everyone else involved, including Tony whose song 'F***ed Up' is on there. A great punk song that really needs to be out there for people to hear.
So, as I said to my friend Craig Waring when I was chatting with him last night, "you wait for years for me to release something, and then I have three projects in a year." That's just me to a 't'. In truth, as I've probably said before, it's all just based on the fact that I didn't want to do the vocals on everything, as I saw someone else doing a lot of the vocals on the set. Oh well, someone has to do it, and I've sat on it for too long now.
With work I am still looking for something else, and I'm sort of left up in the air as well at the moment. I rang today about my shifts and was told that I would either have Tuesday or Wednesday off, and that they would let me know. Here I am on monday night still not knowing what I am doing. It's all a part of my not wanting to constantly be doing 6 shifts a week, which is for a variety of reasons. Firstly, there's the fact that despite telling them when Louise has her days off, they haven't yet given me the same time off so that we can actually spend time together. Secondly I'm getting tired and would actually like some free time to be able to live, rather than bloody work all of the time. Thirdly, I believe that it is causing problems with mine and Louise's relationship. Fourthly, there is the fact that there is approximately £45 per week I spend on fuel that I don't get back on expenses. This is approximately £180 per month on fuel, which I would prefer to spend on other things if I'm being honest.
There are so many reasons why I want to find some other job. I want to do less hours so that I have more free time. I also worked out that whatever I work, so long as it's over 30 hours, that the tax office will top up my money accordingly. This is like an eye opener to me. I hadn't realised this, and now I know that I don't have to do crazy hours to make enough money to live. There's also the fact that, the less shifts I do, the less fuel I have to pay for, and I would much rather spend my money on something else, such as saving to catch up with the one month I'm behind on rent, and then save the money to move to a bigger place. The latter is a good thing, because it gives room for the fact that I will eventually be getting another guitar. I miss the times when I had more than one of each of my instruments - I'd love either a Telecaster or a Stratocaster. I don't think there's much use of having a Les Paul unless it was a full blown Gibson.
While in the studio recording on Friday, me and Rob both took some video footage of the session, which in honesty I would have loved it if there had been someone else there to film some session footage, because I really like the idea of having visual footage of sessions. Keep it to yourselves, but I like the idea of using the footage to potentially make music videos. So, Rob took a video of me putting down a guitar track, which I have uploaded onto youtube, and I took some footage of him playing drums, which I need to work on because they are very large files that need to be made smaller to upload to the site. I am doing that at this moment, and will get footage of Rob up soon. If I had thought about it sooner, then I would have got us to take a lot more footage, and more photo's as well.
Next time I'll take a full set of cameras with me, my two digital cameras, and my digital video camera, and explain to people how they are used, and then they can use them whenever they like to capture pictures, video, or whatever. I think then there's the potential for multi-media. I had an idea a long time ago of releasing a set on a DVD, where there are music files, but also video footage as well, but that would be an incredibly expensive undertaking. It's the sort of thing of thing where if I was signed, then I would possibly suggest it as a promotional idea.
I have my head very firmly planted in the clouds, as you can see. I like to think that if I haven't got any dreams, then there is nothing there to reach for. Although, saying that, I would like to quickly put that I have the greatest thing that I could ever wish for with love (aw - I know, I'm a romantic).
I think I'll finish the blog off there now, because as ever I've been writing this for absolutely ages. And I still haven't been contacted about whether I'm having either Tuesday or Wednesday off. If I'm honest I'd prefer Saturday off, because I hate being stood in a store for 11 hours.
Anyway, everybody take care.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 28th February 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 2 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment