When I was younger (so much younger than before)... Sorry, had to do that.
Oh excuse me, how very rude of me. How are you? It's ignorant of me to not ask after you since you know so much about me and have been following this blog of insane rambling from someone who since passing his fortieth birthday now is trying to gather all of his thoughts up, build bridges to fix those relationships he has let slide over time, and is thinking of the next stage in creativity. To this end I have started this blog to journal every thought, memory, happening, and well anything really. Even a review or two isn't out of the question.
When I was younger anyway, I was a very naive child. I suppose in respect to children now that I was slow. Even then I knew very little of the world around me and, well, I was a child until very late. I still played with toy cars at the age of 12 I think, something kids now would have given up on by the age of seven I guess.
I had music to listen to as well, and I would get carried away listening to it, wishing that one day I would meet the people and be a fellow musician.
Even now at forty I still dream of that, but I suppose it's not very likely. I'll still keep trying though, because music is within me. I don't really want to be FAMOUS as such, because the whole celebrity thing is just so weird to me. I like the recognition thing, but the whole being stalked and followed around business is just wrong. I suppose in some that's why I prefer the idea of someone else being involved, whether that be someone else singing my words, or writing with someone. The latter though is also to do with helping me to write and to edit those moments when I lose the plot or even to keep my flow going.
When I first went to Broughton House School I was ten years and two months old I think - February 1981. I missed home and cried at night. One of the teachers came up to me with something on a teaspoon saying it was homesick medicine. It tasted gorgeous, and it carried on every night for a little while. It worked. I found out since then that it was made with strawberry jam and something else. Basically it was a placebo, but I believed it and it worked.
Wow, I've just this moment had some memories come back to me in a flood, and that is so weird. The thing is, I think I'd pushed everything so far back because of some very painful memories that I did want to forget. I'm now thinking that these memories, although painful, are still a part of the life that I have led. According to some psychologist, you should face up to these things and not let them dictate to you - Tears For Fears :-) That's where they got their name from.
Before Broughton House, I remember now of walks with my granddad down Pleasley Vale and all over the place. They were lovely walks, and the vale was beautiful at the time (the late 70's). I loved my granddad so much and I can't remember who, but someone gave me an harmonica to keep with me at Broughton House School (my granddad played chromatic harmonica), but it reminded me of him and I did miss him.
I can play it now to a point, and now own two of his prized and amazing chromatic harmonicas that cost around £150 each or so. Lovely instruments.
I'm working at Loughborough as I write this and was hoping that Mark O'Donoghue would be here, because I really like talking about music with him. I like talking about music with anyone really.
It's interesting doing this. Basically I heard once that some psychologists believe that if you start to share things with someone then suppressed memories can be brought to the surface easier. It seems that way at the moment with me. Let's see where it takes us.
I do think that despite some things that have happened to me that I have turned out okay, probably much better than even I thought. There's so much seriousness in this blog. Crikey.
So I am off for two weeks from monday (Valentine's Day) and am thinking of things to do other than catch up with sleep and spend time with Louise. Work is getting in the way very much. It's making me tired from the driving and time in general, and I tend to push going to bed until very late because I want time with Louise. Not her fault, but I think it's awful to not at least have some time together.
I'll definitely meet up with Rob Sumner and Russell Parker again if they're available, and I hope I can get some last minute studio time (pay half now and half in March).
Listened to Punky on the way to work. and need to re-download The Skeptical Podcast Of Doom, as the ones I have don't work.
Anyway, I wanted to see a couple of films that came out, but I don't like going on my own too much. Unfortunately they're not Louise's cup of tea, so I didn't get. I wanted to see Tron Legacy and some superhero thing I forgot the title of. I'll probably go with her to see some romantic film. It's the sacrifices we make isn't it.
I remember seeing the original Tron when I was a kid, and that was astounding for back then. Now kids would probably look at it and say how crap it looks. Whatever, technology moves on, but the 1933 King Kong is still awesome.
Anyway, I'll leave it there because I've waffled on enough.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 10th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 15 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment