Initially this was going to be a more structured blog, which I'd written. However, I didn't get very far with that before I was taken away from it. I wanted to do something that I had thought about, and where I wasn't just waffling on the laptop. Oh well, best laid plans and all that. I do have some other blogs written already, but I think it's nice to veer away from bombarding people with my life story. I'm trying to space that out.
I'm hoping that some people will get back to me with some music and stuff to review in these blogs. I don't mind doing that, much like I used to.
I also love listening to podcasts while I'm driving around for work, whether they be chat or music related. Blogs are also great to check out, when I have the time to do so. I'm usually out of the house for a minimum of ten hours for work, so understandably time is not always easy to find. Such is the way these days I'm afraid to say.
Now then, I have nothing written, which shows how much time I have. It's awful when you just don't have the time to do things. Louise says that I'm addicted to the internet, especially social networking and this blog. She could be right, but in a way I'm using them for a reason. In all they give me some escapism from work and all of that. There's also the fact that because I am so far from people now, and I am someone that has got used to having a close family and my friends to see, that I am using the social networking to stay in touch with them. I hate that work is so intrusive.
I went out for a wander last night, and while I was out I realised that I had been so silly when I was looking for work after being made redundant last year. All I was thinking about was making the money to take care of myself and Louise and to pay the bills. I had completely forgotten that here in the UK the tax system has contingencies in place so that you can get what are called top-ups for your money, because you can be below what they say is the minimum you need to live on. I'm going to look into these things right now.
It's awful that with all the money that the Inland Revenue get, that they don't just sort these things out for you without you haven't to ask them about it. I hate that whenever you are entitled to things, that they don't get in touch and tell you what you're entitled to, but leave you to work it out for yourself. I know it makes me sound stupid, but I never knew about top-ups until someone mentioned it a few years ago. It infuriated me in some ways, because I suddenly worked out that I could have had top ups before then, and no one had let me know.
I actually did go to the tax office here in Newark yesterday and found that it was closed with a notice outside saying "open Mondays and Wednesdays", which was something else that made me angry. Okay, so it was Tuesday and they were closed, which is stupid - only open for 5 hours a day, twice a week. There were people actually in there though, which I thought was stupid as well. Why can't they be open when there are people working there. I find it a lot nowadays that places are only open at certain times, and also there are shops that suddenly decide to close before the times on the board outside. I've got to a shop before that's supposed to close at half five, and they were closed at ten past five. I warned people that I'd venting.
I was just thinking of finishing, but I've got the telly on in the background and it's reminded me of something else that is irritating. I've got Challenge on and there's old Family Fortunes on (which was preceded by Catchphrase). Okay, not everyone's cup of tea, but in some ways I think these game shows now are no where near as good as they were then, because nowadays they're all celebrity based programmes, whereas then they were actual members of the public. In some ways it was more interesting with real people, and I find the whole celebrity culture thing disgusting anyway, as I've stated before in posts.
Okay, I think I'll leave it at that. Except to say that I'm in the studio soon putting some keyboards onto a song, which will mean nearly finishing the album at last. It will be available on itunes for April I hope, when I can at last get on with the follow-up, which I hope to be quicker at finishing.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 16th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 21 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment