Sunday, 20 February 2011

Stay-cation, thoughts, this and that

So today is Sunday, a day of rest, or so we would believe...  How is today for you by the way?  I'm still on holiday (another week left yet), and I have the car to wash soon, with my own very lazy hands in fact!  I suppose that I could be out there now doing it, but in a way I can't be bothered, but I know it has to be done because Louise even said yesterday that it looks like it's been through an RAC Rally or something, it is absolutely filthy.  Mind you, it has done a good few thousand miles since I got it at the end of September.  The other week alone I did over 600 miles with it.

I sort of like the idea of having holiday time to relax and catch up.  I'd love to go away somewhere, but in the absence of money to pay for this, a "stay-cation" is a good alternative.  Tomorrow for instance, while Louise is at work for her four hour shift, I will be getting some instruments out and getting some practice in and, hopefully, get some other stuff done in that long time of 4 hours!  I wish we had a bigger place, because then I could just steal myself away somewhere and spend some time practising and stuff.  I hate living in flats (or apartments as some call them), because there is no real privacy and, in a lot of circumstances, space.

This is something else that I intend to rectify this year for definite.  It's not like a New Year's Resolution sort of thing, because they generally tend to get broken.  When I gave up smoking, I gave up a little while after New Year, because I didn't want it to be linked with it.  I gave up cold turkey as well, which is unheard of now with all this Nicorette Patches and shit.  I don't think that they work really.  I think that it's all to do with the will power that you have yourself, even the adverts say that you need will power for them to work.  Why not just save the twenty odd pound you spend a week or whatever on these things and just buy some sugar free gum and go for it?  It's the same bloody thing basically.

Here is the picture I meant to put up the other day by the way, which would have been the one for the Slave Song single.  I decided, without any feedback, to just issue the old A New World Order set from 2002 instead for the extra bit of money.  I'd sort of decided that anyway, but as you saw in the blog, it was something that I decided whilst typing that out.  Because it's a digital release anyway, I can go to town with the track listing and issue it as a Special Edition.  I was wrong the other day, there are 22 songs on the set anyway and not 24.  I'm going through a list of titles that I recorded at that time that weren't included and already have five extra songs I'm going to add to the set as bonuses, and know that there will be more than that even.  As I said, about 30 songs for £7.99 is a really good deal.  If I could just edit the existing Colours set that is there then I would do a Special Edition of that as well, because there are a couple of songs that were left off that.

Two songs that won't feature on the special edition of A New World Order are The Rising Storm and In The Shape Of Things, because they have been re-recorded for inclusion on the new forthcoming set, which I'm wondering about calling One Day.  That is another set that will have absolutely loads of songs on it.  I like to give value for money.  I know that some of my friends give songs away free and am wondering about looking into that possibility for some songs in the future, but to be honest I think I've worked hard on the music I produce and there is a hell of a lot of it.  Admittedly, looking back on songs, some better than others.  I'll be sad and give a commentary on A New World Order - Special Edition when it's available, and that will be a completely honest opinion as well, including songs that I now cringe at.

The forthcoming set, which as I said may be called One Day, has 23 songs already, and I am tempted to add some other stuff to that as well such as alternative versions and demo's from the A New World Order.  You can find a couple of things already up on the myspace page - Down The Line (I think it's just the instrumental backing), Messed Up, and Goodnight World are all from One Day.  I'm just looking at art work now for the next set, which I think could be great.  I suppose it doesn't matter really considering that it will just be a tiny picture on an i-pod or i-phone screen, I don't know how it would be on one of those i-pad things, although I'll admit to some interest in what an i-pad is like.

If it was a full on CD, record, or something, then I would probably get Skip to organise a full-on package for the set, with artwork and everything in there, but since it's just a digital release with only a single picture, then I don't see the point to it all really.  It's not like anyone really looks at the picture while they're listening to the songs anyway.  Do they?

Well, I think that I'll leave that there, and it will probably surprise people that this was made up completely on the spot as I'm typing it up.  Here's to more blogs ahead.  I think I'm getting used to it now.  Well, considering that I'm basically just waffling anyway.

Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Marv - 20th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 25 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment