Thursday, 3 February 2011

The Sci-Fi Factor

Once again I've written something while I was at work.  I've been getting bored in my breaks, and I think that I've become a little obsessed maybe. (nervously shakes head like a tic).  Well, here goes then...

I've always been a really big fan of sci-fi.  Starting with the repeats of the original series of Star Trek when I was younger, and the incredibly influential Buck Rogers In The 25th Century with the gorgeous Erin Gray and whoever played the princess - bloody hell that's a memory and a half.  I'm sure they were put in there for a reason, lol.  I wonder if sci-fi writers in the main are men who just wonder how they can get scantily clad females onto television and not have it questioned?  Even now in the age of political correctness, there are still those programmes that have scantily clad females, although the PC aspect now is that they have scantily clad males characters for the female audience members to check out as well.

I could probably carry on about sci-fi for years.  I like every variation of Star Trek, although I haven't watched all of The Animated Series yet.  I've heard it's not canon though, but with the new reboot there is no canon now technically.  In some ways that makes it more interesting.  You can't be sure of anything.  Mind you, canon never worked in the originals completely.  After all, Chekhov never joined the enterprise until after the Space Seed episode (the one featuring the Khan character), but in the film The Wrath Of Khan, Khan says that he recognises him.  To quote Mr Spock, "That is illogical."

Anyway, that's the pre-written stuff done with... see what happens now.

I know, that wasn't very much pre-written stuff I suppose, but sort of interesting maybe.  In truth I'm looking at the time now and thinking I should be getting ready to leave for work.

I suppose I'll make it a short blog today maybe.  I promise to write more tomorrow, as I'd hate to be fired for being late, even though I didn't get in until gone 10 last night from yesterday's shift, and it's now just after half past six in the morning.  I'm not fond of quick turn around shifts.  I like to be able to sleep when I have a long drive ahead of me.  Oh well, see you next time.


Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Marv - 4th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 9 days old)

2 comments:

  1. The spin-off series from "Babylon 5" called "Babylon: Crusade" was cut short apparently due to the writers refusal to have the girl crew members wearing short skirts and showing cleavage.
    A bit of a shame that it was cut short as it was becoming a really enjoyable series in it's own right.

    As for continuity errors, for some fans it's what makes certain series; Red Dwarf; Doctor Who; cult viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. Red Dwarf was a fantastic programme that actually took the mickey out of the inaccuracies and continuity errors. I liked Babylon 5 and am very interested in checking out Crusade.

    ReplyDelete