Hi everyone. Hope your day's are all okay.
Here I am at the laptop making up another blog, and not looking forward to having to go into work today after a couple of weeks off. I'm looking forward to getting some interviews coming in (I'm staying positive here), and they do say that it's easier to find another job while you're already in work, so I'll see how that works out. I do know that whatever I am doing, I won't be doing anywhere near the hours that I was doing, because that is just crazy - having no life except for work. I've done that for too long, and am sick of missing my friends and families lives passing by without me being able to join in with their lives. NO MORE!!!
There's also the fact, as I've said before I'm sure, that I want to get seriously back into the music again, especially since I am seemingly prolific at the moment. Oh no I've only gone and done it haven't I - I've jinxed myself by saying that. Hopefully I'll be able to carry on coming up with material and ideas. I'm so looking forward to working on more songs, and hopefully with a full band once I can look into it without the work thing getting in the way.
In a way I've realised now that when I was made redundant at the end of July, it was the perfect time to get out of the industry and do something else - anything else. As a lot of my friends have said who are in the security sector, it's the time to get out if you can, because it's an industry that is quickly losing ground. With the advent of machines, CCTV, and other things, the days of the standard security guard are numbered for sure. It's something that is affecting everything in the world - progress. There is also the fact that when I started working in security, it was a job that very few people went for, and there was a lot of work going as well. Now it is more difficult because there are fewer jobs available due to the downturn of the building industry, businesses closing up shop and, as I said, the onset of CCTV and systems. The latter means that they can have cameras in, say, 10 places and you have one or two security guards watching those cameras on monitors from somewhere, rather than 10 guards each on the site, although I always thought it was safer to have a minimum of 2 guards on a site at a time, but that's probably just my opinion.
But anyway, enough of that. I'm going to work today at a store that I actually enjoy working in, where I'll hopefully bump into Mark O'Donoghue working there. I admit that I like people who enjoy talking about music, because it's my favourite subject I suppose. That is something that could probably irritate people a lot, and I know that Louise said the other day that the information I gave in the blogs about my time in the studio would mainly be interesting to fellow musicians, and maybe a few others who are intrigued with it. It's just how I'm wired up to be honest, and I will admit to the fact that I absolutely love recording. I like the creative side to music, and I always have done, what can I say. The fact that I now have all these instruments to play in the studio as well just adds to that enjoyment I have. There is just something about being in the studio and suddenly thinking of something and going in and adding it to the songs, I love all of that.
I hate to say this, but because I have work today, I'm leaving the blog there for now. I'm off tomorrow, so will blog then for sure, and may in fact have something already written for it, which makes a change after these couple of weeks of just making stuff up on the spot. I really don't like cutting the blog short, but then there have been some long "essays" lately haven't there...
Take care of yourselves.
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.
Marv - 1st March 2011 (40 years, 3 months, and 3 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment