Saturday, 5 February 2011

Philosophy, Circumstance, Destiny & Soppiness

I've got to admit that I am a very obsessive person.  I suppose I'm also someone who can so very easily get lost in a moment.  I don't have the ability to watch something on telly or at the cinema, and chat at the same time.  I don't really understand it, but I think I've always been that way.

It can be both a good thing and a bad thing.  It is bad when I'm doing something and somone is trying to get my attention.  It can however help with music, as it means I am one hundred percent into getting it done.  It helps with this blog for certain at the moment, because I am so intent on putting something down on here, no matter what it is.

In some ways, I've been finding it so helpful, because it's bringing back some memories that were hidden so far back that it was like they were gone forever.

I've wanted to somehow regain some memories, because there are so many I want to remember.  There are some that aren't such good ones, but life needs bad times to help you appreciate the good more, or even the so-so times more too.  Hey, they're not so bad, hence the so-so nature to them.  I think that the bad things in life can also help you with other people as well, possibly making you able to both sympathise and empathise with people.

You know the whole if you could go back, would you change anything issue?  I believe that the things that have happened in life shape who you become.  If my school years were different for instance then I may never have met my sweetheart on a job training scheme, and that is a terrible thing.

I'd like to think that if a parallel universe existed, that the versions of myself and Louise would still have met somehow because we were meant to be together.  What can I say, I'm a romantic as well.

In some ways I am like a completely different person to the boy I was at school from the fragments of memory that are there, and in some ways I'm not.

I have to rein in my temper still at times.  It doesn't really come out at all now in anywhere near a form that it used to.  I can still feel it though when I'm getting frustrated and certainly when people keep on and on about things.

Oh I'll tell you what is irritating while I'm thinking about it.  Something happens such as getting a parking ticket, and then someone starts dissecting what you should have done.  Okay for a couple of minutes maybe, but then to keep on and on for ages, what's the point (in Russian breathing - joke for my mates Dobby and Bill there).  It's happened and that's it.  I've had a ticket and there's nothing that can be done about it except to pay it.  Speaking about it won't change that I have one!

That seems like a natural ending to this blog to me.  I wonder what I come up with for the next installment (I wrote this earlier and have written the follow up already as well, so this was me speaking before I'd written that - yeah, waffling here).  I could try and be more organised and have one of those blogs that are already set out to hit certain points and all that sort of thing, but then they wouldn't be so much ramblings, but be more structured and that would be less interesting to me.

This way I can just write about whatever I want to, so there's less chance of me getting bored by it.

Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Marv - 5th February 2011 (40 years, 2 months, and 10 days old)

1 comment: