Sunday, 10 April 2011

Bit of music talk again

Here's a blog I wrote yesterday, but couldn't get to type it up until now...

I was so lazy yesterday (Friday).  I did come up with some music for a new song, which is always good.  I videoed myself as well so that I know what to do when I come to recording it properly in the studio sometime.  Once again it has a few sections to it, and the break section has four guitars in the demo I made because I got carried away - all four doing something different.

I suppose that in some ways it has been a good thing to be limited time wise, because I seem to come out with something every time I get a guitar out, which I am proud of.  Sometimes, back when I was unemployed in the early noughties, I was incredibly prolific as I wrote probably a hundred songs in a two year period, but about thirty of those were disregarded very quickly.  I now don't have that time, but I'd like to think that means what I write is good.

I'm probably deluding myself with this idea, but I know that I will keep on doing music, because it's one of those things that, no matter what, it is programmed into me and I can't help it.

I am sure that there are a lot of people out there like me with music, or even art, writing novels, and every walk of life.  It's just there, and it is something that gives me joy.

The other good thing is that the weather was lovely and playing acoustic guitar on a sunny day is lovely.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

10 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 15 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment