Saturday, 30 April 2011

Collections

I am one of those people who collects all sorts of things.  I love musical instruments for a start and, to be honest, you should never be stuck for a present for me because any musical instrument would be gratefully received.  I'm still in need of Sleigh Bells, and any percussion instrument really.

My uncle Clive has made me very happy by sending me a couple of biographies to read about musicians and bands - of course that would always go down well.  I have quite a collection of books as well obviously, which are both fiction and non-fiction.  I know when me and Louise do eventually move that I would love to have enough space for all of our books.

The CD's and DVD's are a different thing altogether.  There are that many that we'd look like a branch of HMV Records or something, so we're thinking of something with doors to hide them behind.

Here I am watching a Classic Albums DVD of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon (an absolutely wonderful album, of which they made a few), having already watched the main programme and now am watching the extensive .  I sometimes like having something else going on while I'm doing things on the laptop.  Ooh, now they're talking about the backing track for Money - awesome.

Anyway, when I was at work last weekend in Loughborough I saw that a local newspaper had a piece about a Wings concert in 1973 at Leicester.  I bought the paper just so I could read and keep the piece (I'm also going to send a scanned copy to my friend Paul Salley in America who has a Facebook page for Wings guitarist Jimmy McCulloch, because this gig is when he met Wings for the first time.  An interest fact that is obviously historically important.

Anyway, as I said I collect all sorts of things, and with me that includes some articles from past magazines and newspapers, and I do buy magazines when there are articles that could be interesting.  I don't think that is a celebrity fixation thing but more like my enjoyment of things - I don't want to steal someone's hair or anything, but I like reading and hearing how people work on their music or films, and the technical side of it, or how they came up with ideas, etc.  It's just my own fascination.

That then is why I enjoy the Classic Albums programmes, because it relates to my own interest.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  I'm hoping that my sore throat will get better for work tomorrow.

Thank you for reading, please take care.

30 April 2011 (40 years, 5 months, and 4 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment