Where I was working before with a team of us together, one of the guys once mentioned something he had that really made me think.
I'll post about it now, and see what sort of response I get. I also mentioned it yesterday to someone, and that added to the subject so much more.
What the guy at work said was, "I head that by the year 2025, that actual physical money will be a thing of the past, because people will use credit and debit cards, and the like."
At work yesterday, I was talking with a chap about how phones can be used to pay for goods, and that the information on your lifestyle is easy for companies to access because your phone can be set up to send details on your life to these companies, and then they target you to specific ways and advertisements, etc.
I know that this may seem like I'm just moaning for moaning's sake here, but I find that frightening, and it reminds me very much of the Orwellian view and also of Philip K Dick's writings (Minority Report, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep, and so on). I will admit that I like a currency that is tangible, and I also admit to thinking occasionally of when there are problems with machines and the like. It's all very dark in my opinion.
As Louise said when I brought the subject home with me last night, it would be expensive to destroy all of that money as well, and she too finds the whole idea wrong.
Okay, as Louise says "the world is just moving too fast," and in this subject I completely agree. I think that the world needs to sometimes slow down a little and, before doing something, look at if it is actually necessary to follow a specific course of action before setting out on it. Why change something if it works fine. I happen to think that all sides can actually co-exist, without one phasing the other out altogether.
Anyway, that's quite a serious subject for today. Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a lovely day. Please take care.
14 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 19 days old).
No comments:
Post a Comment