When I've been working at home on the cover versions that I recorded basically, it has really just been for my enjoyment. It did start as a thing where I wanted to win a competition with the Band On The Run song on the Paul McCartney website, but I found that once I had started it, I didn't really care if I won as much as I just enjoyed working on the song, and trying to give it my own individual thing.
At work in Loughborough there is a great guy named Adam Green, who mentioned to me that he had been listening to my music on myspace and soundcloud, and that he especially liked my take on Band On The Run. He said that he would like to do the same sort of thing with multi tracking himself playing all sorts of instruments, as he does apparently play many different instruments. I said the best thing to do was to just do it, and that he should keep getting better at it.
I was of course flattered that someone liked what I had done, and I am sure that anyone is when are told that something they have done was good.
Despite all that I may say about wanting to get something out of music financially, that would be useless if I didn't actually enjoy the music I was recording, writing, or performing.
So, while anyone has that yearning to do something like music, or anything else, then just go for it and enjoy the experience.
Thank you for reading. Please take care.
27 April 2011 (40 years, 5 months, and 1 day old)
No comments:
Post a Comment