Saturday, 2 April 2011

Facial Growth

There are so many people who, like myself at times, have sported facial growth.  I don't at the moment for a variety of reasons, but mainly because Louise prefers my clean shaven look.

Now of course there are such famous moustaches as Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I., Burt Reynolds in Smokey & The Bandit, David Niven, and many others.  I've had a moustache, and there are a lot of pictures of the said article.

It's strange how moustaches on these people are obviously fine, but people like Freddie Mercury are considered as having moustaches that showed their sexual orientation.  Hey?  I don't get that at all.  What's the difference?  Perhaps it's just me, I don't know.

When I was in a band at one point, we went for a full on design basically with the beard style and sideburns, as well as the hair cut that I had, to basically create a "look".  I don't have the hair now, so couldn't get away with it, although I have pondered the question of hair transplantation and that, especially with James Nesbitt's great head of hair now.

It's a shame to say, but I think that my going bald would be a negative to my getting a record deal any time.  Yes there are artists like Elton John and Phil Collins, but they weren't bald when they were signed.  I can sort of see what record labels are looking for, but it's a shame sometimes that something so universal can be dictated by such standards that so many in the world can't hope to reach.

Basically what I am saying is that you never know a person from what they look like.  Make your mind up after you've found out who they are.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

April 2 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and six days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment