Thursday, 21 April 2011

This is how I am

There are so many things that I suppose that I could do with my time off when I get it, but in general that would mean having to spend money, which is not the easiest thing to come by at the moment.

On my Twitter account I tweeted someone when they said that they were playing some Creedence Clearwater Revival, I said that I would love to join in.  They got back to me about how a jam would be cool basically, and I'll admit that I love that too and am tempted to suggest organising a recording session just to make stuff up.

I have to be honest and say that I love the creative side to music, by being involved in arranging and performing the parts that build up songs.  I love building up the background music, the rhythms, even the harmonies to a point.  I write lyrics down, but am lazy when it comes to writing melodies.  My friend and fellow blogger Nicholas Tozier blogged about it the other day, where in a sense we base our songwriting on chord progressions if we are guitar based.

Perhaps I'm just wired strangely, but I love recording and the creativity behind it.  Although I have enjoyed live performance, I probably prefer creating in a studio or any type of recording in fact.  Is it just me that is like that?

If I'm being honest, most of my online time probably stems from my love of music, and that love is wide with genre taste.  I listen to the Punky podcast all of the time, most of the blogs I read about music (including Nicholas Tozier, Matt Blick's Beatles one, Laurence Juber, and David Gilmour), as well as Luke Hymas being a great metal singer, and I found out about Drew Baxter through my friendship with singer/songwriter/musician/actor Andy Dobb.  There's the fact that when Drew blogs, his writings do keep me up to date occasionally with Mansfield, where I lived forever until the move to Newark.

I suppose in summary then, all is lost with me.  I am doomed to be a saddo musician who thinks of nothing else but music...  That's if you discount my thoughts on films, classic telly, being a sci-fi geek, gaming, love of photography... ... ... ... You get the picture.

Thus ends another blog of rambling proportions.  Thank you for reading, please take care.

21 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 26 days old)

You'll find links to all of the internet related stuff mentioned in my past blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment