Tuesday, 5 April 2011

More chatter for the day, based slightly on breakfast news

Hello everyone, hope you are okay.

According to the news today it is dangerous for people to be working long shifts.  What a surprise.  Reported by people who never need to work that many hours because of the amount of money that they make, which is probably salary based as well.

I've got to be quick with this today, because I have a few things to do before I leave for work this morning, and for the site I'm at it is an early-ish start.  I do like working there though for a variety of reasons, but one of them being that it's not too far for me to travel.  I won't get expenses back for it, but that's how it is.

I have switched on the television this morning and, in some ways, I wish that I hadn't.  I wanted to find out what was happening in the world, and most of the "news" programme I'm watching isn't actually based on news, but on celebrity chat,and that sort of thing.  I can sort of understand that, but I'm not always interested.  I know for instance that comedy is doing really well on the arena circuit, with some comedians making a couple of million for a tour, but I don't see how that's relevant for a news programme.  Perhaps it's just me.  It's not that I am against them making that money for the tours, which I'm not, but I just don't understand why it's a news item?

I'd better get on I suppose.  I think you should check out my friend Drew's blog, because his thoughts are always interesting, and give you something to think about.  Also, my friend Paul B Edwards' blog is always interesting in it's own way.  There are so many blogs you could check out - you can see some on my screen that I follow myself.  There's Matt Blick's Beatles song-writing blog, Nicholas Tozier's song-writing blog, Laurence Juber's blog on his life and times in music, and Luke Hymas's Skeptic Blog of Doom.

Oh, just seen something...  People are now going to be charged to use recycling tip's.  That is so stupid, because I can see more fly tipping occurring from this.  It's just another way for people to get money from people.  Idiots!!!  It's just going to cost them more now, because they will have to clear more instances of fly tipping.

Anyway, everyone have a great day.  Please take care.

5 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 10 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment