Do you know that I really hate it when people ask me what my favourite song is, or my favourite film, or that kind of thing. I'm not really sure what the answer would be to either of these because my taste is varied. I can't even say what my favourite album of all time is, because there as so many.
I can reel off records that I think are brilliant, and maybe even bore people at the same time, as I love music, films, a lot of cult television, and that sort of thing. My reading has taken a back seat since my early 20's, and I wish I could get back to reading more like I did back then.
Music, as a lot of people would know, is something where I have an incredible amount of love with a collection that spans the gamut of genre and, in some opinions, taste.
I've been listening to a lot of rock based stuff recently, so may I suggest for your enjoyment albums such as Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Sheer Heart Attack or Queen II by Queen, Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine's eponymous debut album, Slipknot's eponymous album maybe if you are that way inclined, the list is endless.
I suppose that the argument about taste could also extend to films as well. I've always loved science fiction, but think I'll leave that subject alone for now.
Even though a lot of people have problems with musicals, Singin' In The Rain is a film that tells the story of the transition from silent films to talking pictures so well.
I like a lot of films that Brad Pitt has appeared in such as Se7en, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Fight Club, and Mr & Mrs Smith. I'm not sure if there is a Clint Eastwood film that I've seen and not liked. Actually, what about a film with Clint Eastwood & Brad Pitt in? I like that idea.
As I've said, I can go on forever and ever on these subjects, and probably bore most people silly.
Thank you for reading, please take care.
29 April 2011 (40 years, 5 months, and 3 days old)
PS - So, name some of your favourites then and make suggestions for me to check out.
My top song of all time is Renegade Master remix by Fatboy Slim. Seriously. I know that will be a surprise to almost anyone on the planet who knows me...
ReplyDeleteNice choice Matt, I too like that song. I think like me your taste is varied.
ReplyDeleteThe films of John Wayne, the films of Sidney Lumet, the films of....who am I kidding - films. Mrs B likes anything with Kurt Russell, especially Tango and Cash.
ReplyDeleteTango & Cash is a classic... Eighties film :-)
Delete