Sunday, 24 April 2011

The Royal flaming Wedding!!!

This is the blog that was intended for Friday, but instead here it is today...

So according to The Sun newspaper, Kate Middleton is going to be wearing a pair of £3.90 underwear at the Royal Wedding (it's an important occasion, so I have to capitalize it, like).  Why should I care?  If truth be told, that's probably a pack of four pairs for me!

This is just another of those stories that absolutely takes the piss, for want of a better phrase.  There are so many of those sort of useless articles in so called newspapers - such and such wore the wrong item at an event.  Shock horror, so bloody what???

Are these items really so much more important than say page 4's story of people killed in some country somewhere, or something else along those lines?  It's all just such an absolute waste of space!

Another paper spoke of Kate being "too thin".  I think if I were her I'd be very tempted to lose my rag over these stupid and useless articles.  Either that or worry senseless over the loss of everything we hold dear - privacy and life itself.  A precious commodity that everyone seems to be losing anyway.

It's a shame that in the world of media, these things seem to interest people, and I wonder if the tables were turned would Miss X from Tooting or somewhere like it if her picture was on the front of a newspaper with a headline along the likes of, "washed out starlet looks ugly after make-up mistake," or something like that?  Probably not.  So, how do you think these people feel when it is happening to them for real?  Think about that next time you sit down and read the next celebrity story.

Thank you for reading, and please take care.  Hope you're having a great weekend.

24 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 29 days old)

PS - Take from the title that I am fed up with the lead up to the Royal Wedding, with all the hype and that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment