Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Chat about film series

So I've watched the entire Godfather trilogy over a few days and have really enjoyed it.  I have noticed a big thing with food and violence in films as well.  Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) gets shot in the street with fruit all around him, and when he dies he is in between the tomatoes.  There's the famous line from the first film of "leave the gun, take the cannoli."  Eli Wallach's character Don Altobello dies from poisoned cannoli, and so on.

Actually I like the fact that whenever Eli Wallach's character shows, the music is almost the same as the music in The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (a film he was a star in), including the use of a Jaws Harp.  Classic.

I like a few trilogies I suppose, such as the original Star Wars films and the Back To The Future series.  I like the man with no name Spaghetti Westerns with Clint Eastwood as well, which reminds me of the great nod given by the writers in the Back To The Future series where Marty McFly calls himself Clint Eastwood in 1885, and is dressed a la man with no name.  Absolutely brilliant, and how dare they be thinking of remaking it!

The first Star Wars trilogy was classic, but the second trilogy was appalling in comparison, much like how the first Matrix film was awesome, but the two sequels spoilt it.  The ending to the first one with Neo on the phone and then walking away leaving the phone on to the awesome Rage Against The Machine song Wake Up - brilliant.  Then they got up their own arses with the two follow-up's.  Saying that though, I may get them out and watch again as my mind could be changeable, I sort of liked what I saw of them between the times I fell asleep - a normal response to working hours unfortunately.  Hence why I haven't mentioned the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, since a group of us went, and I only caught bits of them, since I fell asleep in the cinema, apparently snoring at the same time - oops :(

The Dirty Harry films are great, except maybe for Sudden Impact, and The Dead Pool to a lesser degree.

I think I'd best leave it there.  That's a lot of waffle, and long after the recent bout of easy going fodder that my blogs have contained.

Thank you for reading.  Please take care.

6 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 11 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment