So here I am on the first of my four shifts this week. There aren't many shifts to go around because of two bank holidays this week, and next week there are a bank holiday and a public holiday, so we'll be scraping as well. Hopefully it won't leave me short for money when I get paid in the middle of May for the hours I work in April.
Monthly pay is all well and good, but any bills you can't pay must then wait a whole month for you to sort out if you are short, rather than a week or two with weekly pay.
I will see what I can do about tax credits so I can get top-ups hopefully. That is sort of where I want to go anyway, because I like the time off so I know what life is.
We didn't end up watching much of anything over the weekend, but Louise is interested in my idea of the Spiderman films (Toby not Nicholas), which would be good. I've seen the first two, but have yet to see the cellophaned third film. It will be irritating if the third film is as bad as some of the reviews say, because I loved the Venom stories in the comics, and the multi-part cartoon was amazing (and is in my DVD collection). That had the title The Alien Costume by the way, a fantastic bit of animation, and an absolute classic.
For some reason, I'm getting very lazy with this blogging, and I apologise for that. I suppose that I could just get on and put, "Can't think of anything with the limited time that I have available, and I hope you're okay", etc. What do you think?
Anyway, I'd best get on or I'll be getting into trouble again. Here's to Tuesday off, and then somewhere on Wednesday which will make the eleven hours feel like twenty. Best take some anti-bacterial with me too.
Take care. Thank you for reading.
18 April 2011 (40 years, 4 months, and 23 days old)
No comments:
Post a Comment